More power out of my set up?

I finally got my car mapped fully today. Im running a fully forged 4efte with a gt28 race tech set up. Also has a zisco fuel rail 550cc injectors, zisco plenum intake manifold, fmic etc etc.

It made 253bhp at 1.6 bar.

I guess putting a bit more boost through it would get me more but what sort of boost is plausible? 2.0bar pushing it? I'll get a photo of the graph up tonight.

Nope this is at the engine. Quite concerned. The mapper did say he was keeping it safe but still...

Was going to say 253bhp at the wheels is pretty shit for a Forged engine with your mods thought It would have made 300bhp atleast..

Aamir

This is what I thought. The mapper is good. He mapped mark1991's gt to over 350bhp on a td05 set up! Confused as to why it made so little :/

It's mapped on emu by Wallace Performance in Aberdeen. And boost is controlled by an Apexi AVCR

Edited by Jordk

Ahh was it Matty ? Hes ment to be spot on, know a few lads that have taken their motors up there.

As for the power, the figure looks restricted somewhat. A GT28 @ 1.6 bar should be over 300 easily.

Whats the history of the engine ? Id do a leak down test on it to see if its loosing compression.

Take it maintenance parts like fuel filter, plugs etc are all in good condition ?

Yeah it was Matty that mapped it. Didn't see him when I went to collect the car so I emailed him just awaiting response.

The exhaust system was part of the racetech set up. 2.5" straight back from turbo to back box. Nothing too restrictive there.

Here's the print outs. Quite linear graphs other than the AFR's

ED91CAD1-A1C7-423E-9DF3-9FEC6974B6C2.jpg

26C0D05A-76A3-48A0-B258-6E8FF7D753FA.jpg

7FF958E0-C43D-4097-9E61-64F610459C5C.jpg

98545C42-5A56-4E60-BBE1-01E3CFD6AB18.jpg

All service parts and most of the parts on the car are brand new. The engine was from Hawwy on here. He run a td04 set up from what I believe and not for many miles.

I'll do a compression test at the weekend and see what I get. Was done a while ago when I first had it running. The mapper had to adjust the timing as it was out by a tooth. This could maybe have caused the problem?

Well after hearing back from the mapper his only concern was that my gearbox and diff sounded like shit and he didn't want to put the boost up in case it shat itself... Any good places for a box/diff overhaul?

All service parts and most of the parts on the car are brand new. The engine was from Hawwy on here. He run a td04 set up from what I believe and not for many miles.

I'll do a compression test at the weekend and see what I get. Was done a while ago when I first had it running. The mapper had to adjust the timing as it was out by a tooth. This could maybe have caused the problem?

hawwy? Oh god.

Why not just ask you that while he was mapping it? :s

I thought he would've to be honest.

Spoke to him today he said he kept it low because of the box but even still at that boost surely it would've made more unless he might've restricted it in some way to keep the power down (although I thought that would've been controlled by how much boost he run). He also said about looking into getting a standalone (power fc) instead of the emu as he says it'll make a huge difference to the car. But again, loads of you run emu making way more power than that.

It drives well and pulls hard on boost but still doesn't give much of an explanation.

I'll check the engine compression in the morning when I'm at my lock up.

My box blew up and locked on the dyno with Matty at the wheel.... he probably didn't fancy that type of ride again! :p

How does it feel on the road? That's a new dyno Wallace have so may not give the same over optimistic figures!

Haha he told me about that! Fair enough I'd rather not have to fork out for more than u bargained for!

Feels ok on the road a tad noisy and whirrs a bit. New box sounds like the best plan. Map wise he said he didn't push the fueling/timing due to the box being ropey so it's a safe map.