MISS,STRESS >>> mister koni yellow

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

south mate

i have a sc12 sourced just hope i can buy it in time and see if i can get it to work with turbo :help::help: some research needed ha ha hoping i can switch it on and of with 1 shift light and the bypass valve with another shift light ??? but thats a problem for later first have to get it in my hands

• 3 weeks later...

Colin, my cousin is building a kit at the minute. I'm not sure which type of charger it is but the way he has it setup is that the gt30 turbo feeds the charger and doesn't turn off or use any valves etc.

He's getting roughly 1-2bar by 2k just on a blip of the throttle.

Maybe a better way to set it up than using valves, switches etc

No its definitely the turbo feeding the charger. I said to him because I thought it should go the same way as you have said but he said no.

No can do im sorry lol he's making up a loom for the ecu now so It should be running properly and mapped some time this year. I'l let you know how his setup goes sure.

ooooo no callum i would need a lot bigger supercharger to go on a forged motor i am going to see how much boost this 1 will run on the 4e then take it of and set the vf10 to the same psi then get both working together for switch over point and have boost from idle to the glanza v ecu rev limiter in my gtt :) :) 7500/7600rpm

then when thats done get my acis manifold set up again to he he yay

Be Interested to see how you get on with this compound charging mine has been on my mine for some time but struggle to fine someone to guide me in terms of finding the right charger. The premise of making it all work seems relatively simple

My current thinking is to mount it so the pulley is where the power steering pully would be on the same sort of pully the a/c uses ( electrically switched on and off the actualy name escapes me right now) with the charger sitting above the space where the abs module would be run the intake pipe down near the fog light idealy and then I can run the sc's output into my gt28 with a valve in the center to another air filter to by pass the sc Have it spool up up the turbo till its not needed and then have my ecu disengage the sc pully and switch the valve so the turbo isn't having to drag air thought the sc If you didn't have the option on your ecu todo this and wanted a budget way you could get a cheap shift light that doesn't flash and remove the actualy light and replace it with a relay that will switch the pully and valve.

That's my thoughts anyway I could be totaly off the mark.

Colin, my cousin is building a kit at the minute. I'm not sure which type of charger it is but the way he has it setup is that the gt30 turbo feeds the charger and doesn't turn off or use any valves etc.

Maybe a better way to set it up than using valves, switches etc

:unknw:

sure bout that?

:unknw:

sure bout that?

Yes, it's called compound charging. The turbo feeds the supercharger, so the supercharger is compressing air that has already been compressed, resulting in much higher boost than you'd get normally.

You'd need to look up the compressor map for the supercharger and whatever turbo you plan to use if doing it this way though as there's some complicated maths behind it to get it right.

Yes, it's called compound charging. The turbo feeds the supercharger, so the supercharger is compressing air that has already been compressed, resulting in much higher boost than you'd get normally.

You'd need to look up the compressor map for the supercharger and whatever turbo you plan to use if doing it this way though as there's some complicated maths behind it to get it right.

no that wont be my setup ha ha going to do it the easiest possible way this is my first time using both

those greens are 370cc

and shaun sound like a good plan you have nice boost

iamlegend do you mind pming me a pic of the plumbing ???? so i get a routing idea :) :)

thanks rofumi

Edited by 5e colin