sticky point in build

right lads need advice could be stupid questions not even sure so bare with me ha....

building my shell from the ground up ... before i go forged i am going to put a standard 4e in her to bring her back to life an work out any wiring or piping mix up issues etc as for a turbo on the standard 4e i was considering the vf10 get an emanage blue bigger injectors etc whatever supporting mods... some of which i will be able to use on the 5e build... mainly i wanna know if this is a messy way to go also , believe me i think this is as stupid as it sounds, if i go with the above set up is it okay to start the car an get it up an running before its mappedjust turn down the boost real low??

sorry lads if this is ridicolous haha :crazy:

Nah thats a perfectly acceptable way to go about a build. Get it up an running with a standard engine, iron out the issues and bang in a forged lump at a later date. VF10 is a pretty decent turbo, around the same size if not a little bit smaller than a TD04. The standard ECU should fuel the car fine below about 0.8bar