Running in a forged engine with old map

Hi guys, once my forged engine is built im wondering what to do to run in.

It currently has an emanage blue mapped on a tf035 at 1.1 bar.

I have a td04 and 420cc injectors whoch i want to get the car mapped on when it goes for mapping again

My question is, if i keep the standard injectors and TF035 (which the current ecu is mapped to when it had standard engine) would it be ok to turn the boost down for the running in period? Then once its had a few 100 miles on it, fit the td04 and 420cc injectors and take for mapping is.

My worry is that the current map wont match the new set up exactly but would it fuel fine at lower boost?

Thanks guys, dan

Been reading on running engine in and apparently you need to give it some boost so the rings come under the sort of pressure/forces in the first 100 or so while the miles as after this the bores with glaze. So that whilst the bores are crosshatched/unglazed it can 'cut' into thr rings

Think theres big debate on whether an engine should be ran in gently or given some stick so dont start a war please haha

The engines not under load if the car is in neutral :D

I would speak to whoever built the engine and ask them what their recommended break in procedure would be to void any warranties if given.

I wrote a running in procedure a little while back, have a search for it :thumbsup: