No heat from blowers, dash temperature gauge rises as normal

Changed my coolant and I'm not getting heat inside the car now. I'm guessing the thermostat is fine as the dash gauge rises as normal. I didn't bother flushing it however.

Started the car up and I got a slight whirring sound as it got up to almost halfway temperature and the radiator level went down, topped it up a bit. Is this just the pump making normal noises ?

I don't think I've fully bled the system atm as I turned it off with the whirring sound as I've never heard it before and don't fancy cooking the car if anything is a miss.

Cheers

Cheers everyone, got it sorted today with a mate. I sat and revved it a bit over idle while he topped it up and the coolant worked it's way through the system and heaters working fine now. Didn't get the fan come on at all but it was too cold I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to do this aswell I think I got an air lock in mine, engines been rebuilt a couple of months ago, but never had hot air coming through the car only slightly warm, doesn't over heat, temp sits just under half way, both heater hoses from firewall are hot, top rad hose is hot, bottom rad hose stays cold, had a new thermostat in aswell, can only think an air lock or thermostat isn't in right way? Never put new thermostat in hot water either to test it before it went in

• 3 weeks later...

So just been outside to check the thermostat that's all fine even tested to see if it opens so that's all spot on, ran car up to temp let all bubbles out and still no hot air on the car, so next thing is flush the heater matrix out 👍