hmmm Nankang NS-2R...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run them, can't complain at all for the price. Very close to R888 but don't quite give the same feedback as the Toyo's. Dry grip is probably a shade off and the wet grip isn't bad but again any good driver adjust their driving style to suit conditions.

A lot of race series are now starting to use these as the control tyre so goes to show how far they have come.

I've been looking at these but unsure what to go for;

Ns-2r 66.95

R1r 68.00

Ad08-r 77.00

They're all prices for a 195/50/15, all have quite good reviews

Out of that list the Nankang is the only racing tyre, the others are classed as summer tyres.

I would advise if anyone gets the NS2-R's then to go for the race 120 compound :)

Looked at these at the weekend Adam they look pretty good, I will try a set this year, going to finish off my slicks on the 7th March at coombe and get a set for my track wheels

I got no complaints for the price Marc. Yes they aren't great in the wet and did make my car a bit of a handful ( don't have a diff yet ) but they are progressive when they let go.

I've yet to get them to break loose on the road in the dry. Not used them on track in the dry yet was raining and greasy on my last track visit. Should go well on your DC2 though mate :)

Going to get the 120 compound apparently that's the soft, I'm not to fussed about how long they last, I will be interested in how they compare to my ad08r's as well, they were incredible after the 5th heat cycle at Keevil I was genuinely impressed. The slicks are a whole new world but they are expensive

Yeah I would advise the 120 soft unless you have a car that's circa 1250kg + I've done around 3000 miles since putting mine on ( 180 medium ) and 1 wet track day and have scurbbed off 1.5mm from the tread, and they come with 7mm new so I would expect around 15k miles before I need a new set.

I can't compare to Yoko's as I've never run them, but comparing these to R888 there isn't a great deal in it, the R888 gives more positive feedback and a tad more grip in the dry, wet performance its horses for courses really, but I found with the NS2-R I struggled to get the sharp turn in response I like.

Would love a set of slicks on some track wheels but like you say they are rather expensive :sad:

I really wanna try the AD08R's!

Yep I completely agree now I went upto my man mike stokes today and talked about these ns2r and he told me to stay well away.. With the 120 compound and still only being a road tyre they are actually crap and in hot conditions on track they are even worse as the sidewalls go way to soft. We spoke a fair amount about tyre pressures and heat cycles and it turns out that the best track derived road tyre are actually the ad08r. He then talked me into these lol

51A16782-3F68-4C96-8CA0-18B9E62B0BFE_zps

Toyo r888r available in 205/45/16 as well so I'm well happy... Unfortunately delivery is April as they have only been released but apparently they have the main groove for added cooling and have a much better lifespan as well