Some sort of rating.

I know this isn't ebay, but after seeing more and more people getting screwed over with sales etc, Would it be possible to add some sort of rating/feedback/rep to profiles? So other users can see the sort of person they're buying from? I know that people shouldn't have to justify their honesty when it comes to selling parts but with the increase in dickheads who own starlets screwing everyone over with shit parts and delays in sending, maybe this is something that would be positive for the forum?

I know people have been selling parts on here for years with no major problems and already have a good reputation, but with new generations of starlet owners coming in perhaps this would benifit a lot of people. If I was buying off a person and could see that their last 5 or so sales were all legit then I would have a lot more confidence in buying from them.

I've been sent shit parts but that wasn't from this forum, it was from the facebook page. But, if people on there could see that the forum used something like I'm suggesting I'm sure more of them would want to sign up, pay membership and use this forum instead of that poisonous facebook page.

Just a suggestion and I'd like to hear other people's views on this?

I understand what you saying here. We currently do have a rating feature where members can be rated 1-5 stars on their profile. We also have the feedback sections where if you use the search feature, you can search directly for a member and see if they have a feedback thread.

Matt

I agree this is very frustrating mate and I've been fucked over a few times myself. Currently in a dilemma with Reece Sampson as you know from Facebook. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if 90% of people have good feedback and 10% don't, there will still be another hundred or however many people that haven't been rated yet.

Problem wit the current rating system is that it's just a general rating system and not related to selling parts or buying parts specifically... The closest we have is the feedback threads which is useful to be fair... We then still have the problems over facebook or ebay...

All that said, Reece has 100% feedback on eBay lol. Didn't expect that I would have a problem, but then I've had nothing but shit lol.

Plus, how hard is it to make a new profile. Few nobheads have done it a few times before people click on.

Been on here 5 years and never been rated and wasn't aware of the feature. Perhaps my own fault for not exploring the whole site and all of its features. Maybe this could be made more visible or something if enough people wanted to see it?

A little thing just under your post count wouldnt go a miss, something like seller rating based out of 10.

It's a good idea. I'm just not sure how easy it is to do with the software. From my forum building history (talking 10 years ago lol) it was all pretty set in it's way with not much to play with... Might not be possible to add a bar for seller rating.

Been on the forum for some time now, as far as I'm aware I never had a good or bad word against me. It's up to the buyer to leave any feedback positive, negative or nothing.

A ebay style listing and buying system would be good. Listing description, picture. Buy it now or offer... etc. with feedback part of the buying at the end

Think that might be a bit extreme for a forum. It is a forum after all not an auction site haha :).

If it's actually possible I'd say put a separate seller rating bar which requires a comment to post on (so it can't be sabotaged) and you write feedback as well as a rating. But I doubt the forum has that flexibility in the admin panel (regardless of money).

I think the best bet at the moment is just searching the feedback section of the forum for the person you're thinking of buying from to see if they have any history.

If you're super cautious you could ask for photos of the item being boxed and labelled before you pay in total lol. Just leave a deposit until the photos come through. Then send the rest for the parcel to be sent.

Just ideas.