please help clutch not working

Hi cut a long story short I've fitting a new clutch friction and pressure plate connected slave cylinder up and the clutch pedal has nothing there just hits the floor but comes back up there is no resistance atal untill the last inch i havent bothered bleeding it as i havnt disconnected any clutch lines . Am i being stupid or missing something simple thanks

Did you put a new release bearing in? Also check that the fork that the release bearing attaches to is straight.

Is there any play in the clutch fork? It should be solid.

A video would be great so we can what's happening at the slave cylinder side. If not a picture before and after release

There should be no play in the clutch fork. Also make sure that the slave cylinder is bolted in the correct position.

The release bearing could have come loose when installed, they just clip on. So get a torch down the the hole where the clutch fork goes in (remove rubber protector) and see if the release bearing is on properly and why there is play.

If you can't do that then you will have to remove gearbox, you might have to remove it anyway

Hi i have already looked down the hole mate the bearing is in the correct position the play in the fork is just where the bearing pulls away from the pressure plate . Im starting to think its a slave problem as when i push the slave cylinder all the way in and get a mate to push the clutch it comes out but when i let it sit against the clutch fork at rest and get a mate to push the clutch it moves about 2mm witch made me think that the fork was to far away but im now thinking the slave should be coming out more than it is whats your views on this also looked at pics of other slave cylinders on starlets and they all sit in the same position as mine at rest . Thanks for your help