Aamir build thread

Not sure what you mean by the 'group' Ollie. I know Ive not been moderating long and I am as fair as possible when doing so. I do agree though that build threads shouldn't turn to sale/breaking threads and specific thread should be made.

I have no issues with Aamir or Adam/Jo and am friends with both.

I do feel as though people are too quick to just jump on the moderator hate bandwagon and this shouldn't be the case.

Matt

Duly noted.

I wasnt the one who closed the thread, but what I can tell you is that it was turning into a sales thread.

We clearly have a dedicated section for that. And even a nice shiny template. We also have a breakers section, which is where it would be most appropriate to post such a thread. A build thread is therefore not the appropriate place to manage the breaking of a car.

Hence, a member of the Admin team closed it. If Aamir wishes to break his car, he can post it up in the breakers section.

Simple as that really. Nothing "mates" about it. But I suspect you won't take my word for it, given I wasnt the one who locked said thread.

Phil.

He should have just asked for it to be moved to breaking section simple 😃 but I also agree people get away with things on here that others wouldn't because of who they are friendly with or because they are the forum police lol

Why do I keep getting dragged into shit with Aamir? Really don't give a shit about his petty arguments or his build thread or his breaking thread lol. I have nothing to do with him And really don't care what he does even if he has issues with me.

As phil said, I'm not a mod. I'm friends with all the mods. I don't see how's it's relevant lol. This is a public forum and each member has a right to be here whether I or anyone else likes it or not. But if they don't go by the rules then their posts will be edited or moved or closed or in worse cases banned.... Fuck all to do with me.

If you have a probleM with me too I'd like to hear it? You don't argue with me like aamir always seems to but I get the impression you have a grudge lol.

Im not saying it doesnt happen but i have just flicked through the first few pages of build threads for ep91s and ep82 and found 1 or 2 mentions of breaking but none had gone to the extremes of listing parts ect And none had any major talks of pricing.

You may feel it was a aimed attack but if you look at it from a non sided point of view it was a direct breaking thread Which goes against UKSO rules therefore was locked

im sure once Aamir starts a proper breaking thread his build thread will be unlocked and all this can return to normal.

Paul :)

So not only are you questioning the mods fairness on here.. you're accusing members of the forum ? All for what?

It's unfair. Leave the personal jibes

Don't follow the rules, mods will take action.. same applies to everyone on here.

No personal jibes? Aamir constantly bickers with me and jo for no reason. Every time I ask what his issue is he responds with another childish response lol.

And as for you having no personal jibes, the first post of this was saying it was locked because of me??? I have nothing to do with moderation lol.

What a joke.

He listed the full spec of his car...thats normally the point of a progress thread. He never put prices, he never listed photos etc against them

There is no personal jibes, stop acting the victim. Ive only been on here a year or so and its turned to shit. JDM-ep seems more important than advancing the forum. So where does all the money from memberships and traders go...but hey thats another arguement

I think that's a bit of an unfair thing to say to be honest mate. I'm not sure if you have attended any of the shows but it's quite obvious where the money is spent.

Tell me, where would you like the money to be spent? The forum very very rarely has any down time, there are new traders getting involved, plefty of help and advice at whatever time of the day.