Alex's Starlet - Tight Budget Build

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, not really updated this thread much, I'm teaching my gf to drive in it haha, and is there any small modifications that I can do to the car that you don't have to inform insurance about and what were peoples first year insurance prices like and how can I get it down, any tips much needed, oh yeah, might be getting two Mazda RX-8 seats for free !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, nowt much has happened to the car atm apart from I got some LED lights to put in the grille https://youtu.be/9J47x_HO_jY and not long till I am 17 now, only 10 days to go!!! Can't wait til I have the car finally on the road, anyone know cheap first year insurance that'd help loads

I went with Quinn direct for my first year. Pretty cheap as long as you don't make them do anything :p

• 1 month later...

Still nothing has happened to the car as I have barely any money atm and need to sort my provisional out and get lessons and stuff but locally there is a Pug 106 for £70 and I was thinking of buying it and breaking it, just wanted to ask how much do you lot reckon I could make from it and is it worth it?

• 3 months later...

Sooo, not updated this in a while as nothing has happened, I bought myself a Renault Clio 2002 for £100 with a few advisories on it and hoping to have it on the road as a first car as insurance is a lot cheaper and I'll keep the Starlet as a proper project, I have got a job but looking for another as I hate where I'm at and the wage is crap, if anyone knows any Engineering based company's around Derbyshire with apprenticeships please tell me.13339730_1071811746223465_29364936295520

• 10 months later...

Right.... Bought myself a rev counter for the Starlet and tried to put it in today using a guide I found on here but it didn't work, does anyone have pictures of the plugs after swapping wires around for the clocks the speedo I have is this one : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192160059152?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Nowts happened to it yet, thought I'd buy a car for work and stuff and then actually focus on the Starlet more as a big project, so bought a 1.5 dCi Clio MK2 with a blown turbo, replaced it drove it 2 days then cambelt went so then bought a Volvo V40 1.9D and was no better injector leaking a lot, cambelt needs doing, needs 2 front tires and starting to sound rattely so that's going. Now think that the Starlet is gonna get sorted and put on the road instead.

• 1 month later...

well, still nothing has happened apart from that I bought 2 Ford Ka's and got a job at a place that makes carbon fibre spoilers for McLaren, Ginetta, etc and racecars (DJ Racecars) still need to do stuff to the starlet but its blocked in by another broken clio lol, Starlet will get fixed as a track road car when I finally get a car on the road that is more reliable than what I've had, and maybe get some carbon goodies for it aha

On 27/01/2015, 23:50:21, alexjt18 said:

I will do, I'm not thinking of performance enhancing mods yet just making it look nicer and fix little problems that it has.

I will do, I'm not thinking of performance enhancing mods yet just making it look nicer and fix little problems that it has.

Have a couple sets of alloys here, send me a text 07580799071

On 29/11/2017, 23:54:45, DRiiFTiE said:

If you can make a small deposit on a set ill keep for you depending how long it will be mind haha

Think it will be til like next summer haha, saving up for a MK7 Fiesta Zetec S now for a decent daily 

• 1 month later...

Right I need ideas for the Starlet, want to start doing things this year, unsure what to do though. Quite like the idea of tracking it and would like a bit more power what engines could I swap into it that aren't really expensive/hard to swap? Won't be buying owt for it for a few months yet as bought another Clio to fix and need to get cars off my drive 

• 7 months later...