Alex's Starlet - Tight Budget Build

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, since i'm in a school holiday I can do things to the car and what I need to know is 1.How do you relocate the dipped lights to the side lights 2.How do you remove the front bumper and what are the spanner sizes 3.What else can I do for free.

Pics will be up soon !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well my birthday is in January so a year from now, but my friend has a field so I might be able to learn in that.How hard can it be ? Anyway I'm getting a battery tomorrow so I can see if it starts or not, fingers crossed !! :p

heres some good advice check in your local breakers for bits ya can find some great bargains and some cool bits for buttons thats what i did when i started out when i got my first car

if it wasnt for the distance i'd give ya a set of wheels ive a set of white 15s here tyres are shot still hard but tyres arent great on there limits as ive another set of wheels for my car and these are only going to get scrapped. I know what its like to young and broke and mad into cars :thumbsup:

When you start driving mate best thing you can do is look well ahead, when turning down roads, coming to junctions n round abouts, if you look miles ahead n look early you can plan everything your gunna do in good time and just becomes second nature saves any last minuit panicks at junctions etc lol if you get in a feild you can learn the basics that will set you up to go on the road :)

Thanks for the kind words. One of the pains of country life is that there's no local breakers near, however there is a scrap yard with the odd car part in it that I can get for free lol ( So far got Thule roof rack, Golf splitter and three steelies that are slightly bigger than stock). Still have no idea if it'll start as I'm now getting the battery on Wednesday Grrr. Anyway Thanks all :) p.s i'll try and get a vid when I get the battery because it's really loud as there is a hole in the exhaust mani( another thing for the needed list)!

So while reading articles about Toyota Starlets I stumbled upon this http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/clarkson-greatest-ever-drive-2004-07-01 And I found this on it. And to prove my theory about the importance of blue skies and empty roads, one of the best times I ever had was blasting through a deserted Portuguese forest in a Toyota Starlet. - Jeremy Clarkson

So while reading articles about Toyota Starlets I stumbled upon this http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/clarkson-greatest-ever-drive-2004-07-01 And I found this on it. And to prove my theory about the importance of blue skies and empty roads, one of the best times I ever had was blasting through a deserted Portuguese forest in a Toyota Starlet. - Jeremy Clarkson

Thats awesome mate :)

yes as long as the battery isnt to tall that catches the bonnet this will cause the poles to cross because there touching the bonnet and very dangerous. as long as the battery can be safely secured ie..... you might need to make a bigger battery bar/clamp wider because the battery is wider depends on battery you get ,, best take a mesurement of your current battery and try get something similar look in small cars like a micra/polo/saxo/peugeot/civic

these usually have small batteries an also make sure the terminals are the right way from memory [red] positive is closer to shock tower [earth] is nearer front

well thats what it would be for that plug as far as im aware its usually conneted to the seatbelt clasp beside the seat and flashes when the seat belt is not been used to warn passnger to put there seatbelt on

• 3 weeks later...

I have been thinking about a mint/white engine bay but cannot find anywhere that sells Mint VHT paint and does anyone have any suggestions about what other colours they like :thumbsup:

AND... Does anyone know where the rear speaker cables are in a 98 Solida ?