EP91 - GlanzaV - Burwash Build TD05

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So carrying on from where i left off last week.

Stopping was an issue in the Glanza. The last time it was out i actually managed to set the brakes on fire whilst showing up a bigboy Leon K1 and an Evo 6. It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits. There were videos off the night floating around as you see my little pink/red starlet go flying past with all four corners BRIGHT orange and smoking. GENIUS !

I figured while it was off the road it was time to let Russ put a kit together for me as the discs that were on it may have been cracked in about 6-7 places and to top it off destoryed 3 wheel bearings LOL ... These were replaced at the same time as Brakes but i wont bore you with them pics.

Heres a standard rear setup from ID-Workz who have always been spot on with delivery and the fronts are Twin Pots supplied from Russ on the forum.

7FD42729-1192-4322-A08A-90A474729D8B_zps

F46BA557-F50D-4C83-AFE5-E60C5E0281BF_zps

DC0F5A9D-2687-4CB7-B3E0-9B38B5382003_zps

Another thing that i was told stoping it from making 300 plus was the Injectors.

So i saw Whitenoize was selling a set of 550's with new connectors so i bit his hand off and they arrived within a couple of days.

Im still yet to fit these but i will keep you updated.

65543D1D-E9B7-495C-BEE0-3640B25A5745_zps

Soooo i've seen loads of debates about what tyres are the best for something track/race car like. I took it upon myself to just go with money for value and listen to what alot of people have said.

So i went for the Linglong's (Nankang NS2R's) actually cannot wait to try these bad mumma's out ... Im sure they wont last long but what do you expect from 120 Compound.

71C03697-30B7-4B82-A879-7B6EE35C2E28_zps

Throughout this build so far the one thing i always said was " i dont need to buy a new turbo " guess what i did ...

E5B2641C-C5CC-4264-8B52-38276CCBFD35_zps

6B6DC39B-5882-4DEA-AA82-01940FC50A71_zps

Heres a picture of it fitted to my mate Charlie28's car

C3F35101-A1F1-4AFF-A0A6-1489105C40D4_zps

He was going to run it on his build as you can see but he who shall not be named " ROB EBBS" sold him a compeltely dud forged engine and now wont speak to him.

Big thumbs down, espically as Charlie is an absolute diamond geezer. This has however provided me with an oppertunity to give this TD05-18G a go. Who knows i might even let Charlie test drive it seen as he's been a babe...

Turbo was checked over by Midland Turbos (LiamD) who ive been told will voach for the turbo and the penny valve welded up for external setup :) Or should i say " Asbo Lag Machine " Setup ...

AHA I have just remembered something quite funny but important at the same time to anybody thinking of brake upgrades and spacers etc.

I brought a set of Extended Wheels studs, took the brakes and hub apart, smashed them in, all gravy.

Went to put the wheels back on, only to realise the nuts i was using were closed ended and id tighten then up to the point i couldnt now get them off. It took me sometime to get some grips on them and get them off.

I saw Whitenoize selling some wheels nuts and thought, THANK GOD !

I sent him the money on Friday afternoon and some how they were there when i woke up Saturday lunch time.

Thanks Buddy

85C117B9-E8A5-4198-9DA1-BF4FBEA5D1B5_zps

So this sort of brings us up to where i am atm.

I have so much going on so im sure there is going to be some good updates in the very very near future.

Any advice is welcome and please feel free to ask any questions. I know for a fact without this forum i wouldnt of been able to go ahead with half of the stuff i have.

I'll Leave you with two little pics i took on Sat while it was actually light outside.

34D4930D-1FD2-420D-B44A-0624D15088EF_zps

8AA9C2EC-B69F-4212-B793-DB60B0629613_zps

Sweet build, shared a few pics on our FB page :)

John

Thanks Pal,

Lots more to come.

Feel free to pinch any pictures you want.

I will be getting a shoot together with a good friend of mine once its out and about.

Looking good mate ! The bit about nathan :D

Ha his old Insta picture nearly made me shit myself with laughter.

Brillant.

Saw you asbo'ing it up on Saturday!

Where the hell you get them plastic windows from

Plastics 4 Performance mate.

Not cheap i can tell you that, but if your going down that route then maybe worth while :)

Thats Bloody beautiful, Good work boss :)

James

Thankyou :)

Nice one for finally getting it posted up. !

Blame Charlie Gallow, he's a proper pest :)

I run a similar turbo pal..

Mine was in fact less Laggy then my stock td05.

You'll love it tho fella..

Hope mines be out in april

Really, thats interesting.

Im hoping to make a good figure, but more importantly get it down.

The diff and tyres should hopefully keep me planted for now.

I've got some finishing up to do on mine then im going to book in with TD and arrange that.

Gutted mine probably wont be done before the rolling road day, that would have been a fun day out!

But trust me when i say i will be very much involved in anything UKSO and Starlet related in the future :)

AHA I have just remembered something quite funny but important at the same time to anybody thinking of brake upgrades and spacers etc.

I brought a set of Extended Wheels studs, took the brakes and hub apart, smashed them in, all gravy.

Went to put the wheels back on, only to realise the nuts i was using were closed ended and id tighten then up to the point i couldnt now get them off. It took me sometime to get some grips on them and get them off.

I saw Whitenoize selling some wheels nuts and thought, THANK GOD !

I sent him the money on Friday afternoon and some how they were there when i woke up Saturday lunch time.

Thanks Buddy

85C117B9-E8A5-4198-9DA1-BF4FBEA5D1B5_zps

I don't even know how Royal Mail pulled that one off I only posted them around 4 fri afternoon and it's not like your only up the road lol glad your happy with them anyway dude keep up the good work

Turbo was checked over by Midland Turbos (LiamD) who ive been told will voach for the turbo and the penny valve welded up for external setup :) Or should i say " Asbo Lag Machine " Setup ...

05-18G isn't all that bad on a 4e. Its just pussys who moan about it. you'll be hitting 1.6bar by 4.5k on a decent map. Just drive it right, in the right gear and it'll be all good.

nice build man, look forward to seen some vids of this car

Thanks, i will be sure to get some up ! :)

extremely nice build here.love that picture of the flame from side exit. savage.

I wasnt expecting it, iterally just blipped the throttle when it got to temp. Thats the only one i got a picture of the rest were actually bigger and blue'r aha

05-18G isn't all that bad on a 4e. Its just pussys who moan about it. you'll be hitting 1.6bar by 4.5k on a decent map. Just drive it right, in the right gear and it'll be all good.

Yeah im expecting it to be around the same as it already is tbh just a little bit more agressive.

JUst want it running nicely