EP91 - GlanzaV - Burwash Build TD05

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks pal.. should b back up lakeside from april

Im looking forward to some Lakeside nights.

Went the other week and it wasnt bad but wasnt what it was.

We used to have a couple of similar locations more local, cranfield, newport pagnel but they got really hot.

Was fun whilst it lastest.

Maybe you should venture down to a Canvay Island night ;)

Rich

Canvey is ten min drive from mine..

But i thought cameras r their now, so yet again not what it was.

Maybe it change with the warmer weather.

I was down there a couple of months ago and didnt notice anything but who knows!

And deffo, i'll keep you posted if we get something sorted!

Nice progress and some tasty parts there! I presume you won't be a stranger to some track work?

Yeah its built to be driven hard so that it shall.

I was orignally going to get it painted and all clean and pretty, but i just like how raw it and pink it is :)

So i bumped into an issue. Not the kind of issue im used to facing. Bascially the "windmill" Td05-18g is slightly too large to be bottom mounted. Previously it had been top mounted by Charlie but it never crossed my mind that maybe, just maybe it was slightly to large.

Fear not ... I think we have a solution on its way in the form of a Mocal Remote Oil Filter Kit.

Just hoping the one i've gone for is slim enough to fit between the gap of the turbo.

Heres a couple of pictures to show you what im getting at ...

32AE8947-7000-4C38-8F91-B7A80FF7578D_zps

405EA3E7-04D5-4930-85D4-F65D32A4E97F_zps

I dont want to have to change turbo's, so im determined to make this work. Oh yeah i also picked up some new gaskets from ID-Workz, which were rapid with delivery as usual. Thanks again boys ...

6DD7B4AF-9B91-4DE5-B938-3EA8BE302AD5_zps

Edited by RichWillmore

Looking good bud pm me where you got the oil filter relocation kit from I need one to do the same on mine :)

Will do bud, Fingers crossed it's pretty straight forward and i dont need to re-think.

Either way i will keep you posted.

Did you get the one i sent you? Hopefully it'll sort the problem dude. If not i have another solution that would work...

I got one from Mocal pal, it fits with some modification to the Power Steering bracket

=l

It is fitted, and all is well, sort of ... NEW PROBLEM !!!

I'll upload the next problem after lunch.

Ohh and i fitted a new wheel bearing (Front Passenger) its done 0 miles, wheel moves drastically. Deffo need a new hub.

I'm hating on cars today... Ahaha

Yea it was a mocal one - wrong pic tho i think..

Whats up with it now? is it the wheel moving when you grab on to it and move it? If so, check the bottom of your coil overs are properly tightened where they meet the hub. You'll get the same symptoms if thats abit loose. Caught me out on an ep i brought before.

Yea it was a mocal one - wrong pic tho i think..

Whats up with it now? is it the wheel moving when you grab on to it and move it? If so, check the bottom of your coil overs are properly tightened where they meet the hub. You'll get the same symptoms if thats abit loose. Caught me out on an ep i brought before.

Its the wheel, disc etc. I'll check saturday anyway, if not i have a guy on fb who has a " good " hub.

Also not sure if im going to get a filter onto the turbo LOL

2C757065-17D3-4224-A09B-8DC8049CE633_zps

Looks awesome dude!

you have the same problem as me with my compressor housing, im using a TD05 20G and its flamin tight to the oil filter.

have you got a link to the mocal oil filter relocation kit you bought?

Looks awesome dude!

you have the same problem as me with my compressor housing, im using a TD05 20G and its flamin tight to the oil filter.

have you got a link to the mocal oil filter relocation kit you bought?

I dont have a link pal but i literally typed in ebay; Mocal Oil Starlet. It said universal but it doesnt fit as pictured. You will need to take of the Power Steering Pump and trim the bracket down but was pretty straight forward.

Good Luck :)