Project Rattlesnake: "KP82" build

Thanks for the encouragement all!

I just realised I forgot to post a few additional things.

Along the way, I’d also heard from one of the guys on the AUStarlet forum that the MR-S brake set up was shorter than an EP82. My friend Justin was kind enough to measure up the one off his MR-S for me and send me this photo.

11023269_10153137221859038_1723904628_n_

Upon further research, I confirmed that the rear parts are identical to that of an EP82.

This is good to know as it means we may not need to go to a pedal box set up.

MRS diagram:

211130_4702_0001_zpsxrcllboz.png

EP82 diagram:

470535_zpstu6pmxce.png

Picked up a set of EL44 Paseo knuckles from the wreckers as they might actually be a perfect fit for the Toyonda.

Time will tell!

img_0372_zpsf2j5tuqt.jpg

I also swore a lot and destroyed my hands while pulled the factory Honda loom out of the DC5 just in case we need it later...

Victory!

2015-03-01-16-39-04_zpsbyqxvwck.jpg

The full blog post was here but there's a bit in it about my other cars which isn't entirely relevant to this thread however, if you want to read about how to cut a roof off a DC5 then hit the link: https://noisyninja.wordpress.com/2015/03/16/project-rattlesnake-wrecking-and-research/

Edited by wokstar
  • 9 months later...

Just spent half my morning at work reading though your blog haha, some cracking fab work gone into the whole build. Wish i had use of CAD and a workshop like that when i did my 4age swap, would have made things a lot easier and the finished product much neater.

• 1 year later...