gauging interest of possible import of kyb sr special dampers from japan

I have been trying to source a set of these dampers as I don't like coilovers and these are a nice set dampers. I have the chance of possibly importing some so I wondered if anyone else would be interested. This would make them cheaper.

Currently I don't know a final price but I'm just looking for serious interest. There is next to no available uprated dampers available in the uk so this is the reason to import them. I am not trying to make money on these I just want to make these available for my self and others.

Any interest?

Edited by Bean

A month to 2 previously i would have been interested as i needed some for my corolla.

Think the only place i found that could get them was camskills and that was by using the part numbers.

Also im not sure whether this will be allow to stay open as only traders are allowed to setup group buys im afraid.

Cam skill only list the oem replacement kyb dampers for the starlet which can be bought from most places. I am not starting a group buy I am asking if anyone is interested in a set of sr special dampers from japan. I will not be supplying them

I will be interested in some next month as I have got other things I would like to sort out at the moment, but yeah next month I'm on the look out for some good dampers for my glanza v, let me know on a price when you can:-)

Cam skill only list the oem replacement kyb dampers for the starlet which can be bought from most places. I am not starting a group buy I am asking if anyone is interested in a set of sr special dampers from japan. I will not be supplying them

If you can find the part numbers camskill have all the kyb products listed Here

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m32b0s0p0/Kayaba_-_KYB_-_Suspension_Product_Range

i emailed kyb direct to get the part numbers i needed then looked them up on there and they could supply them As nowhere else listed zze111 corolla sr special shocks.

Only reason i didnt go with them was because a set of nearly new BC coilovers came up for £450 delivered.

If youve already tried that then please excuse me.

I suggest we leave this open for now unless it evolves in to a group buy as this would need to be spoken about by admin, but to see what intrest there would be, as it might be something that with enough intrest a trader might be interested in taking up. I doubt they will be very cheap though after delivery, import tax and customs charges.

Edited by rob_bower

The full kyb range is not available in europe. I have dealed with kyb direct and they won't do it.

It's worth rembering that This forum is for the members and not the traders. Without the members there would be no traders.

I want a set of these my self and I if I can help other members by helping them get a part which currently is not available great.

This thread is to see if anyone's interested in some dampers not another chance to block a thread before its even started.

It may be that is going to cost £500 per set which If so it's obviously a non starter. Let's give this a chance first though shall we

Wind ya neck in and get down off your high horse for a sec,

Hence why I have left it open and told the other mods to do the same. Going forward past getting your self some new suspension the long term benefits for the whole community would be for a trader to keep some In stock. So that they are available off the shelf, but without the demand no trader would do this. Sometime the demand stems from a group buy sometime from just copying what everyone else is doing. It works both ways.

As for group buys, We are always very sheepish about running GB's as there is a lot of money at stake, and a lot of the time this lies with one person, who a lot of the time we don't know from Adam. But we are always open to listen to ideas.