s14a silvia, anyone own one/owned one?

Just sold my second glanza, have had an itch for a long time now for something rwd/turbo and Jap! Always loved the shape of a s14a and the engine has a heap of possibilities! Anyone on here owned one, own one have any pros and cons? Reason I'm using this forum is because it's the one I'm used too and everyone is such loveable f***ers :) anything to look out for etc? And I haven't left he starlet world all together, I will have another Fte within a year that's a fact lol

I had an s14a and it wasn't bad on fuel at all really. A little more than the Glanza though for sure. The 'a' shells, unless recently fully treated are unfortunately all rust magnets. It gets everywhere... Sills, boot, strut tops, arches, you name it.

So.. The mint shells with decent engines are like £6000+ and anyone that spends over that amount on a 14a is crazy..

Mate owned one and I used to dive it while mine was off the road, he did offer it to me before selling it recently but I would have been dead by Christmas lol can't really comment on the fuel but can only imagine the mpg is awful although the fun value is pretty huge! His was stage 2 tuned, so about 320 bhp iirc and went like fuck BUT......he did have an engine go on him and then the turbo (in a short space of time)

Rot seems to be the big issue with them! I won't be buying the thing for economy that's for sure, fun factor more so than anything lol

I was tempted to get a jdm one but the insurance is almost twice the glanza, and I can insure a 14a for less than the glanza!

Edited by kavan-k

Ive always wanted one, but asshole wannabe difters have wrecked most of em going for the Drift missile look, when they could have been smashing up bullshit, like beemers or something. Be careful of who your buying from, all performance cars get ragged, its their nature, its the person selling it you should take into consideration!

I was looking into getting an s14 before i bought my skyline, only thing putting me off really was the rear seats, and rear leg room.

and also rust, a friend of mine tried jacking his up, car stayed level but the jack kept going...

It's It's a big jump as it will be the first rwd car I have owned, they seem to hold their value wich is a big bonus! I know I will likely search for half a year to find one with no rust!

They are great cars, but like everyone has said - they are rot boxes. I work in a Nissan dealer and we had a regular customer come in with one for years which was on 225000 miles a few months ago. The engine still runs as sweet as a nut, but the corrosion on it was atrocious. It needed new front wheel arches, boot floor, both sills from front to rear and also the floor pan was rotten in the middle!

All s body nissans and skylines are. Ive seen a few r32 gts ive gone to see to consider buying and theyve been messed up underneath :(

They are indeed. A weak spot on the skylines is the front suspension turrets, especially on the R33's. The first thing I did with my fresh import R33 was completely waxoyl the underside with clear waxoyl and removed the front struts to get around that area and it looked like brand new.

Would never insure a 15 Daniel mate. The thing drawing me to them the most is insurance to be honest! Can't believe it's cheaper than the v! Then again the v is an import but still lol

Save your money, buy a chaser or something along those lines.

Day

If your on about a toyota chaser mate one of my good friends drifted in one of these and to be fair they are absolute animals

Save your money, buy a chaser or something along those lines.

Day

1 million times cooler than a S body.

If your on about a toyota chaser mate one of my good friends drifted in one of these and to be fair they are absolute animals

Ive been a passenger ride in one the lad was doing a bit of streeto lol was insane! 1JZ is some engine. And the JZX chassis is fuckin tight aswell! Love em :)

But what's the insurance going to be like in one of them big lady's? I seen one for sale there not long ago on done deal, class cars aswell but again insurance would kill me surely? Lexus do one aswell, forget what it's called bit basically the same car and a bit cheaper

Just sold my second glanza, have had an itch for a long time now for something rwd/turbo and Jap! Always loved the shape of a s14a and the engine has a heap of possibilities! Anyone on here owned one, own one have any pros and cons? Reason I'm using this forum is because it's the one I'm used too and everyone is such loveable f***ers :) anything to look out for etc? And I haven't left he starlet world all together, I will have another Fte within a year that's a fact lol

Might be worth a shout, seems worryingly cheap though. http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/234345-s14a-200sx-red.html

I have had one bought it for 300 engine was perfect no vvt rattle pretty common on the s14 but it was dead body wise i planned on welding it up but in the end i sold it for a profit as i had too many cars

Parts are cheap as chips and most of the time its s chassis stuff forsale on driftworks so easy to source parts

on my second one now, great if you use it for drifting. not great for everything else. for a b road blaster it's not too bad but you always have the 'it's going to kill me' though in the back of your head. Glanza was much more fun as a road car tbh.

My first one was rusty as fuck, sensed one is pretty solid. needs a few bits doing. they're fucking expensive for what they are but everyone and there wife wants one to look cool

Mine

old one

10411863_10152727524440674_6066065393996

new one

11073327_10152851225800674_4388302080992