As some people know I was meant to be building a 4EFTE Micra but that fell through to extreme amounts of rust etc. Next option was an EP82 and this one came up at a bargain price with not much work needed doing. Collecting it tomorrow morning!

Bonnet, front bumper, headlights are being sourced first. I will then carbon wrap the roof. Which will make the car look cleanish. Next plan after that is to fit some coilovers, panhard rod and some nice wheels I am thinking 16x7 with 225/40/16 tyres.

Also is there any advise on anything to look at? Will be compression testing the engine, hopefully check the gearbox for 2nd/3rd crunch if possible. Obviously check for rust as well.

imagejpg1_zps86113d2b.jpg

imagejpg4_zps68e276cc.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsd653735c.jpg

imagejpg1_zps9165ae54.jpg

imagejpg3_zps7defc4a4.jpg

Edited by mas12555
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like a good base to start with,

dont get 16's it make's it handle like shit man, get some 15's

Jack.

Agreed 16s are far to bif for little starlets i had 16s when i first got my glanza soon had them of and sold

I decided not to get 16s. Ordered some new 195/50/15 toyo proxy and every last service.

Doing rear discs/pads, engine oil/filter with magnet plug , fuel filter, power steering fluid, clutch fluid, brake fluid, gearbox oil. Got a decat which I need to get someone to weld another bung into so I can fit my AEM Wideband to make sure the engine is running right.

Keeping the car on standard boost I don't want to blow the thing up. Planning on getting a few little things like manifold, hks actuator then emanage ultimate so I can get the car mapped for some extra power.

Also just bought new doors, bonnet, front bumper and front wings to replace my tatty ones.

Been busy after work today. Fitted a single din gauge holder above my stereo, fitting a speedo converter and I went to pick up a set of OZ superturizmo wheels then fitted them haha. Awesome wheels light, forged, strong and fit the car perfect even the correct centrebore! Also came with some nice hankook ventus rs2 tyres.

Picked up aload of body panels as well which will be put on over the weekend to make the car look better.

The Wheels.

11182163_988011121211687_336763509421846

On the car, love them. So much better compared to the other wheels.

11205541_988017117877754_916795687482569

Got my gauge holder in.

left will be any old oil tempt gauge, middle is a AEM wideband and right will be a blitz boost gauge.

11209388_988031664542966_453105989175745

i thought those wheels were super heavy! For the aem wideband, AEM advise having the bung welded 3 foot away from the turbo to preserve the sensor by the way bud.

Need to weight them but compared to the wheels i had they are alot lighter. Still nothing compared to my old 14" ssr's which were 3.5kg per wheel!

will weight them when i get the chance.

I know mate but its just easier to do it in the decat and known of alot of people who have had them close to the turbo with no issues which is why it doesnt bother me. I know its not the advised way but its better than nothing.

Edited by mas12555

Scott i can weld your bung in the right place for you if you want. I done babyfaces lastnight

ahh that's great! Will do it when it's on the road. Had a mate offer to do it but could only do it in the decat.

Fitted a half rad I had lying about today and Purchassed an oilfiter relocation kit with oil cooler. Main reason being I hate the position of the oil filter and it was half price.

good work man its nice to see that another GT isnt heading to the scrappy :D

James

think I was the only person stupid enough to buy this car haha. The bodywork has completely had it haha. Glad to have it though

Still think you should have kept the SSRs! Would have looked awesome on a Starlet!

would have loved them on as well mate but 14s are a pain or decent tyres, more expensive tyres and can't take as big brakes

Still think you should have kept the SSRs! Would have looked awesome on a Starlet!

would have loved them on as well mate but 14s are a pain or decent tyres, more expensive tyres and can't take as big brakes

Took her for a tiny drive last night and after it I found aload of cheese on the oil cap. Presuming it's because it's been say for awhile but if it is a headgasket that's just annoying.

Oil pump needs doing anyways so may as well do it all at the same time.

Headgasket, crank seals, water pump, oil pump, all belts and timing kit. Parts don't cost that much so it's not big deal.

Ordered some more parts, got a bocsh wiper adaptors for the arms, found a brand new jperfomance oil cooler/relocation kit for half price.

also fitted my to post momo, B@G quick release boss and a HKB boss.

11038875_990220494324083_401707296102867

Bought a wepr ct9 manifold. Plane to run it with a race tech stage 3 hybrid attempt hit close to the 250bhp like they claim it will hit.

Also got my oil cooler and relocation kit today. I think 12 core oil cooler might be abit overkill for the little engine. Might have to downsize to an 8 core of something.

Got some replacement doors, front bumper, wings, bonnet, front bumper and headlights. Looks alot better now!!!

Sould have saved and bought a starlet which was fine but atleast I have saved this one from the scrappy.

11073055_991917167487749_703143044532767

10846176_991917194154413_166935878308398