Been busy today. fitted new rear brake discs/pads with new wheel bearings, found out one of my calipers is seized so had to order a rebuild kit, electric windows now work. All front end damage has been repaired on the car. The slam panel was pretty bent up. Took a few hours to get it nice again.

car is all ready for its MOT next weekend. Just have to hope it will pass now.

At least you have the satisfaction of looking at all your hard work everytime you go and drive her mate :)

James

That is very true mate. It has also been a very good learning experience for me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New engine being collected this sunday. Wont be fitted until my current one goes bang. So how long do you think it will last with an oil leak and shagged headgasket. I give it two weeks haha.

Also been going crazy buying stuff. Bought a wepr ct9 external wastegate manifold, bride seat rail, glanza engine low miles with all accessories, front mount intercooler, air filter relocation kit.

when engine is out will clean up the bay and loop the powering steering rack while theres room.

• 3 weeks later...

Been prepping the car for its respray all turbo stickers taken off, any dents taken our or filled lucky the car had no serious dents. Need to dewiper the rear and smooth the whoke. Also need to smooth the front bumper as the number plate was screwed to it.

Took off the annoying lip on the inside of the Toms rep grille. Wasnt as hard as I though.

11392839_1003368773009255_70573423018754

Cant wait to get the car painted.Grille looks awesome.

11390221_1003813936298072_88142087420000

Not much has happened at the moment. Rebuild the rear calipers all ready for its mot. Just been collecting more parts. Also got myself on a genuine blitz intercooler and bought myself some pipework as well :).

Been there mate. I done the exact same thing on mine for the first 4 months. Just buying parts instead of doing the work. But that said, makes you appreciate the car more when it is running.

Agree there mate! Work is just slow at the moment as I am in my final year of my apprenticeship so I have been focusing on that.

Whens it getting painted mate? :)

Was meant to be this week but I decided to hold fire for abit due to the fact I should be focusing on college and not my car haha.

The car is nearly prepped ready for its respray any dents taken out etc, rear boot smoothed, front bumper smoothed. Prepped the inside of the car to be painted white as well.

Will be the first starlet that I know of to be painted with this method and colour. Frowned upon by alot of people but its a quick, easy, goodish finish which is what I need as its a track/fun car. If something happens makes repairing much easier.

Are you going for that spray plastic dip stuff?

Nah sod that rubbish! Done it on mates cars before. looks good for a few months then stone chips start getting to it.

Its paint mate just not a normal style of paint. Very very hard wearing, durable, easy use. Down fall is its matte only (for a decent finish), you can get gloss but never looks good. Main reason is I dont really want to dis out for a full respray on a car which is just got abit of fun/track use.

Hammerite :D

Haha used the stuff before on wheels and the inside of cars. its good and hard wearing stuff.

Sorry if I am not updating much. Just been dishing money into loads of parts. Got the full optional bodykit from JDM. Should turn up next week. :D Also sourced some rare manual front windows with door cards etc. Will be more reliable and less problems.

Edited by mas12555

Both myself, mark (nightspirit) and Craig all rattle canned ours Matt black back in the day. All came out really well actually. Need to try and dig up some pics.

Edited by RobSR

Both myself, mark (nightspirit) and Craig all rattle canned ours Matt black back in the day. All came out really well actually. Need to try and dig up some pics.

Ahh thats awesome! Mine will be with graffiti paint. Got a gazebo, lots of ductape, tarpaulins, extractor fan to make my own little DIY spray booth.

I don't no. Haven't spoke to him since when he had his EP really. Did have an r32 golf and a tvr at some point after it too. He'd just had a child if my memory services me right which is why the EP went.