Cars going on the road next week. Got fia weld in seat mounts for the seats. Titan Harness's, oem strut brace which will also be a harness bar.

Respray this month as well. Been putting it of until I had the oem bodykit in my hands

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really done much work really. Got the engine running nice. My FIA weld in bucket seat mounts came as well which will be fitted soon.

Also respray isnt happening until end of this month when all my body parts turn up.

Externally the spec is:

OEM rear spats

OEM side skits

ID workz livesport type B splitter

ID workz livesport spoiler
ID workz Reverse scoop
ID workz Toms grille
Jam racing FRP bonnet.

Clear front indicators.

Car will be transformed alot!

Also got my hands on a chinesse copy of the Defi Advance ZD. highly rated over in Taiwan, china, Malaysia etc. So I thought I will give it a go and see whats its like.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bought some new wheels for the car. Japan Racing TF2, nothing special but they are cool and will suite the new colour perfect.

15x7.5 30et. so nothing too extreme. Only place I could find them in white was in Germany and they are having to order them in from the supplier for me. Nothing fancy but you dont see them very often and hardly see them in white. Unlike rotas which everyone and their dog has.

5exp_zpsykzada3e.jpg

yv5e_zps1du4hfml.jpg

Got my Defi Advance ZD replica today. Very happy with it. Considering it was only £135. So far it is fantastic Bench tested it with a 9V battery and tested how accurate the oil temp, water temp, volts and boost pressure is. They were all bang on which is geat! The amount of features this thing has is nuts. Defiantly worth the money.

Picture of it with the sandwich plate and water coolant probe holder.

11738062_1026815083997957_62683834510877

Sensors fit perfect as well.

11224113_1026815183997947_66540010437882

Picture when I was bench testing it.

11061195_1026815167331282_57063164766314

Two pictures of where I will put it in the cluster. Dont need a rev guage as the Defi unit had a built in rev guage with shift light/alarm. Will be fitting this over the weekend.

11742791_1026811510664981_75133421568958

11754945_1026811513998314_57749306259125

Edited by mas12555

Where did you get the defi from mate

Will send a message today about it mate.

Been researching about the hks Pfc fcon the past week. Getting there slowly. By my understanding it has 9 preset "maps" and then you can adjust fuel with the GCC. Also been looking at IPM which will show the duty cycle of the injectors.

Just been going through my aims for this car by the end of this year.

got a 210bhp target I dont want to run anymore on a standard engine. List of parts is only involving the engine as if it included everything would be endless!

Parts I already got.
HKS pfc fcon ecu with GCC

HKS FCD

420cc injectors (probably overkill but came with the ecu)

Tial 38mm wastage

Wepr ct9 manifold with external waste which runs back in the decat
blitz intercooler core

alloy half rad

Spare 60k mile glanza engine

AEM wideband
Defi advance zd (has egt function)
knock gauge

Parts wanted

Race tech stage 3 ct9 which will also have a flipped compressor.

Apexi AVCR

Intercooler pipework for a CT9

polybush engine mounts

HKS IPM very rare but would be handy.

So I have done good to collect the parts I have considering how long I have had the car. Got so many other parts for this build. Not much more stuff I need to reach my target.

Edited by mas12555

Well the intercooler pipework is kind of sourced haha! I managed to win a whole brand new intercooler kit for £41! I just need a short route pipe. If anyone knows someone selling one please shoot me a PM!

bargain_zpslm3wuzxn.jpg

The intercooler went back up on sale. Any issues with it?

No amazingly mate :)I was half expecting the company to make up some excuse. I got it today and fitted it with my blitz core. Hopefully the blitz core will flow better than the chinese ebay crap.

Exterior plans sound awesome mate, I'm sure I got a short route hot pipe here you can have when you come to collect the bonnet of no use to me now. I'l have a look for it.

James

Yeah mate its getting there slowly! going to really look awesome and hopefully have the power to go with the looks as well. Cant wait to get that bonnet.

Edited by mas12555

Cool. Hope you can put up pics of it installed. I was considering it at 1st but wasn't sure whether it'll fit the 82 with air cond. You defo got a good deal there.

I got pictures mate but its with a slightly smaller but more efficiant blitz core and not the ebay core.

With some bumper cutting it will fit over the ep82 aircon mate. Its very close but it will fit. My starlet still has air con which I am meant to be removing soon.

Just bought a blitz K1 turbo so thats the turbo sorted. I really wanted a race tech stage 3 but those turbos havent really been on many set ups yet. the blitz k1 turbo has been proven to be a great turbo over and over. Also for the price I got it, it was a no brainer.

Dont need many things now to reach my target. just need braided lines etc. was also very tempted to buy the basic zisco inlet manifold because it still uses the stock throttlebody which means it wont confuse my HKS FCON.

Painted some of the smaller stuff today! Both front wings, the optional kit, rear bumper. I ran out of paint though!

I repaired the front bumper and smoothed it all. That front bumper I got had alot of damage which was bodged.

Right then time to see what colour it is going 8), Its a very love or hate colour. Apparently its java green but I say its more mint green. Got the inspiration who has his micra this same colour.

Also last night I found a picture of an EP82 in japan which is very similar colour.

sp10_zps4j76tr1t.jpg

And this is the colour! Looks alot whiter in the photos. I put that down to my poor phone camera.

11831705_1035593353120130_40393420918797

It's different thats for sure. I like it, it'll look good on a GT, is it matt?

Yeah it will be matte :) Half tempted to lacquer it though.

In theory it looks good but never know it may look naff

Edited by mas12555

I like the colour you have chosen mate keep it matte it should look quite fresh and a little moody at the same time

Haha cheers mate. Would have got everything except he shell painted but I ran out of paint!

Got nearly all the parts which I can take off the shell painted. Doors, wings, mirrrors etc. End of this month the sell will be painted in a gazebo.

I mocked up the rear end to see what it will look like and I LOVE IT!

11870645_1039386542740811_44773161682623

Also picked up a JAM FRP bonnet off of JamesD89. Lovely bloke and a great guy. Pleasant experience to trade with him. Also got it painted and mock fitted. Although it did feel quite wrong to graffiti paint a jam bonnet...

11825814_1039903186022480_90397734339368

11870632_1039903272689138_24005019931685