• 4 weeks later...

Car looks like its running well bar the gearbox issue.

Some alright bits of driving too, the traffic there would do my nut in tho. Never done cadwell because of that and i didnt trust my glanza without a baffled sump there. Are you running a baffled or standard one?

Edited by RobSR

Car looks like its running well bar the gearbox issue.

Some alright bits of driving too, the traffic there would do my nut in tho. Never done cadwell because of that and i didnt trust my glanza without a baffled sump there. Are you running a baffled or standard one?

Cheers,yeh got trap door sump 😎. Fuel was an issue if I went lower than 1/4 tank only round turn 1 tho, Looking at getting a surge tank after I've rebuilt engine and gearbox Edited by Mad Mike EP82

Yea thought that would be the case, who did it? Ricky?

When I rebuild mine I'll put one on.. Not going to do it on the current engine.. I'll just stick to snetterton/silverstone for track days haha.

Yea thought that would be the case, who did it? Ricky?

When I rebuild mine I'll put one on.. Not going to do it on the current engine.. I'll just stick to snetterton/silverstone for track days haha.

Yeh Ricky made mine.

Haha cadwell Is well worth the trip even without baffled sump 😉

Cadwell doesn't have any real sustained high G corners which is where you'd get issues with oil pressure and lack of baffled sump. Snetterton, and Silverstone on the other hand are famed for their long corners.

Luffield and Copse at Silverstone, Coram and Riches at Snett.

I have a non trap door baffled sump that Dean made for me, about a quarter of the price that I was quoted by some others for a trap door sump. £300 + quid, cheaper to replace an engine should the worst happen which in my experience isn't likely.

Decent lap Mike, I'll have to have a look through the footage and see where I am in comparison to your lap times. Difficult to find a clear lap at Cadwell, especially on some of their more cheaper days, every bugger and their dog rocks up and they're mostly slow and get in the way!

Edited by TimD

Just had a quick look through TSL for last years track day trophy, my friend with a Mini Cooper S (150hp per tonne) managed a 1:44 in qualifying which was good enough for second on the grid.

eta. I'm a massive geek when it comes to data, here's the timing sheets for Time Attack at Cadwell last year: http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=ATTACK/2014/143270tat.pdf

Quickest FWD car was a civic who did a 1:40

Edited by TimD

Just had a quick look through TSL for last years track day trophy, my friend with a Mini Cooper S (150hp per tonne) managed a 1:44 in qualifying which was good enough for second on the grid.

eta. I'm a massive geek when it comes to data, here's the timing sheets for Time Attack at Cadwell last year: http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=ATTACK/2014/143270tat.pdf

Quickest FWD car was a civic who did a 1:40

I think I can go low 1:40s that was first time round cadwell with poorly engine I will post up next time I'm going if you wana join me 👍

I'll be up for joining some fellow owners who are actually on it for tracking them not just wannabes at trax lol.

I would of thought the undulations at cadwell would of caused problems. Granted there is lots of high speed corners at snett/silverstone however they are relatively flat and not off camber which would cause proper issues.