is there anyone in the country that has the proper computer for imports?

just wondering if anyone on here knows, if theres anyone in ireland north or south (prefarrably north) that has the right computer for the import starlet/glanzas, need to get it onto the computer see whats all really wrong with it, so i can get it sorted before its back up for m.o.t again,

Not too sure what you're on about here mate.

If you're on about reading any fault codes that may be lurking about, then there is no fault code reader for the Starlets as they are pre-OBD2. Instead, they use blink codes. In your engine bay, you'll find a little dark grey box that you can flip the cover off (think it says Diagnostic on the top?). In there, you need to bridge the contacts marked TE1 and E1, and this will have your ECU output any codes stored. Can use a bit of wire or a paperclip to do this.

Get into your car, look at your gauge cluster, and you'll find your engine light flashing. If there are codes, you'll have a long pause, flashes, a short pause, then another set of flashes. Then it'll move onto the next code if there is one. The first group of flashes gives you your first number, the second, your second number.

So, if it flashes once, pauses, then three times, then that's error code 13. There's a guide somewhere with a list of the error codes.

thats grand guys cheers i know about using a wire or paper clip to read faults just unsure how accurate they are as it was bringing up the knock sensor fault code along with others so i had the knock sensor changed and it still bringing the code up, and yes your right bluebear i meant for reading faults (over here we woud usually say you need to get it onto the computer lol) but was just checking, as i know most cars can be hooked up to laptop to read faults etc but heard that you cant get computer/fault reader to fit the starlets/glanzas. and then someone else said you can get computer/fault reader for any car, so was just checking on here to see