Hi,

Ordered a Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 and decided to go coil on plug route.

I am getting a trigger wheel and bracket with a hall sensor attached made up but want to run full sequential ignition so I have full control over the engine and fuel efficiency. Will this be enough to run this setup or will I need the cam sensor signal as well from the stock dizzy be used?

Nik

Ok so there's 4 wires reading from left to right on the plug with clip at the top:

NE : White/Blue

G1: Orange/Blue

G2 : Blue/Green

G- : Blue/Yellow

NE = Ground

G1 = Trigger

G2 = Rev Counter signal

G- = +12v

Hope that helps :)

Edited by AdamB

Yeah it's correct mate, the manual I got here is for an EP82 Auto I believe so will likely differ between all models and years to be honest, regarding the wire colours but the pin out still remains the same :thumbsup:

Yeah it's correct mate, the manual I got here is for an EP82 Auto I believe so will likely differ between all models and years to be honest, regarding the wire colours but the pin out still remains the same :thumbsup:

Okay cheers mate, thanks for the help here, when the ECU arrives i'll be sure to post up any more questions that I have :D

NE is the 24tooth trigger wheel wheel, G1 can be used as sync. Ive converted quite a few 4e/5e's to COP but using mainly Link ecu's

engine-bay-02.jpg

img_9970.jpg

Edited by Stu

No problem. Thanks - ive got photos of more conversions somewhere but you get the idea.

Can't remember if the Platinum Sport versions have dwell control tables but yell out if you need one

No problem. Thanks - ive got photos of more conversions somewhere but you get the idea.

Can't remember if the Platinum Sport versions have dwell control tables but yell out if you need one

Thanks mate, I believe they do have a dwell control feature so all should be good :)

When coming to set it up i'll be sure to ask you!

Want to run coils so much

How much would full set up cost approx and where do you get the parts. Also any wiring tutorials on anyone doing it?

Hi mate,

Well what i'm doing is, I have bought the...

- Haltech Platinum Sport 1000

- K20 coils from an Civic EP3 with clips

- Trigger wheel and hall sensor that attaches to your crank

- Some sort of blanking plate for your distributor as you won't be using that anymore :)

For me it's costing in excess of £1500+ including all plugs and wiring management the lot.

For the wiring I have ripped out the old loom completely and starting fresh with Haltech's own universal engine harness and fuse box and customizing to my own needs.

Wiring tutorials not to sure on, but I will be following the ECU diagram for my ECU, will depend on whatever you decide to get in the end, if not already have.

Only costing me this much as I have decided to replace everything so I don't create any problems for myself further down the road, so everything is nice and reliable.

Hope it helps :)

You can run most ecus on the stock cam angle sensor setup without any issues what so ever but obviously a crank pulley trigger setup is also a great setup.

As above, follow the wiring details given with your chosen ecu as a guide is a great start.

Can the 1000 version run the tacho using an auxillary ouput? Obviously with COP you don't have a high level drive required.

You can run most ecus on the stock cam angle sensor setup without any issues what so ever but obviously a crank pulley trigger setup is also a great setup.

As above, follow the wiring details given with your chosen ecu as a guide is a great start.

Can the 1000 version run the tacho using an auxillary ouput? Obviously with COP you don't have a high level drive required.

Yes as you stated correct, but no substitute for the crank pulley. Saying that I spoke to one tuner he said on many Nissan's he's tuned to high power levels, with just the cam angle sensor setup as reference and no problems.

Yes it can :) I will not be using the stock Glanza cluster. I'v decided to go for the Haltech IQ3 dash and get rid of all gauges and what not. But for more accuracy I may use my old ABS ring as a trigger wheel and use this as a VSS.

Sweet - let us know how it all goes

I haven't had a Haltech come thru for a couple of years but would like to work on one again at some stage.

The new motec units are awesome and I really rate the G4+ series Links - the new firmware is amazing, nothing comes close.

Sweet - let us know how it all goes

I haven't had a Haltech come thru for a couple of years but would like to work on one again at some stage.

The new motec units are awesome and I really rate the G4+ series Links - the new firmware is amazing, nothing comes close.

how would you rate the link g4+ atom version ?

just got it for my car and my tuner likes using Link.

is it easy setup to COP and use cam reference and stock tacho etc?

Phil

Edited by Phil

Yes the atom is a great ecu - slightly limited on outputs but its still very capable - Ive set up ~8 of them now.

Yes COP is easy - ign output to each coil and use a auxillary output to run the tacho, you just need to change the primary resistor in the tacho to make it work with a low level drive. The full tacho sweep on start up is pretty cool.