Yeah dude mine seems to run ok, thats great did you sort the clutch issue?

Haha its real easy just rip the lot out and block up the vac ports that are left.

Now I've got car back on road and working, I want to get the bay looking a lot better

And it still runs fine Dan? That looks so much neater man. When you coming through to do mine Haha?!

Yeah I fitted my old flywheel which seems to have sorted it Dan. When close to biting point it vibrates a lot which obviously will be partly caused by the new engine mount bushes I've fitted but mike at TD says it will also be due to old flywheel being worn and probably I should've had it skimmed before fitting it?

I'll try to find a guide on what I can rip out of the bay then man!

Edited by kevmcc90

You can remove alsorts from the bay. Just depends on how far you are willing to go. The carbon canister is linked to the fuel tank as after 1991 (I think) it was illegal to vent vapour from the fuel tank/engine so it had to be burnt off through the inlet or sent through a charcoal canister. You can strip the loom back loads. Things like air con, abs and some other associated wiring can be removed if you like. This means stripping a load of wires from the loom though and if your not confident I wouldn't advise doing it.

5A048856-0600-4613-9774-E85649A7EB8B.jpg

That's only some of the wiring that can be removed.

Edited by Flaminsam

Yeah don't think I'd be too confident stripping lots of the wiring out myself. Just really wanting to tidy up the engine bay a bit as that sensor is just like hanging there. There is also what is assume would be the o2 sensor that has no where to go. Am I right in assuming that can just be unplugged?

Yeah don't think I'd be too confident stripping lots of the wiring out myself. Just really wanting to tidy up the engine bay a bit as that sensor is just like hanging there. There is also what is assume would be the o2 sensor that has no where to go. Am I right in assuming that can just be unplugged?

Sounds like the cat temp sensor and yeah man just unplug it and tuck up the connector if you dont want to chop it haha.

Sound mate, I'm just getting to the bottom of all these things since I've owned car like year and half and this is first of it really being in the road. Think thay trip to yours in Stirling was the biggest drive it got haha

Sound mate, I'm just getting to the bottom of all these things since I've owned car like year and half and this is first of it really being in the road. Think thay trip to yours in Stirling was the biggest drive it got haha

Aye pity it was off the road for all that time fuckin insurance companies eh!! Was it really haha rhat seems ages ago now

Over a year ago that mate, need to come through for a meet or something soon now it's back running again man!

Aye defo al speak to a few of the guys and we'll try get a big meet sorted! One that isnt fuckin miles away haha