Dan's Stancelet #2. Hybrid!

Thats the battery i use dude, works a treat, assuming you still have the small import terminals.

What are the different sizes? I don't spose you can tell from the bay pictures up this page can you?

Lovely mate id say the silver looks better for the roof!

Hmm I'm not sure, if it's cheap enough I'll do it but I'll have to speak to my mate at Essex Tints aha

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with fluid change first, its usually overlooked. Saying that ebc's arent that great imo, I've got yellows and theyre very inconsistent. When they work theyre great but every so often they dont seem to bite properly.

Id opt for some mintex or ferrodo ds2500's personally, had much better experience with them.

Agree with this best pads I have ever used are mintex m1144 and ferrodo ds2500

Yous look like it still has the small import clamps fitted to the loom, a type 54 should fit.

UK cars tend to have larger diameter battery terminals and require bigger clamps.

Ill have a double check with a vernier tomorrow at work to be sure

Agree with this best pads I have ever used are mintex m1144 and ferrodo ds2500

They are bloody expensive aswell aha!

So I had a day off work yesterday, finally managed to get the engine mounts done

2506957E-D8D5-40AA-A8BF-21EB7ABCF9C2_zps

Old ones were pretty fubar

529BF1C9-77A9-4B81-A26A-EAAC9B4EAA9F_zps

Drives so much nicer with all poly mounts, doesn't vibrate that badly either

635C89A4-95E2-4E61-A44E-15E4150F0D05_zps

And thanks to daniel_g for the help regarding a battery!

FA8D71A3-621D-4714-8929-7D1987E19FEE_zps

Also, has anyone else had driveshafts hitting on a lowered gt before? My old starlet did it but it was a lot lower than this one, worries I've bought a bent starlet!

ECA3092A-8997-4E5A-B7EB-26721A658813_zps

sure driveshaft hasn't a kink in it measure the front of wheel basically tyre face to bumper and do the same at the back to the side skirt then do same on far side someone on here posted a pic the hub where it bolts to shock was bent causing wheel to be pushed back

There's a lot making me think something's bent, I get wheel wobble even the wheels are definitley balanced, had the tracking done but the car still feels a bit all over the place, yet it sticks lovely if you chuck it into a corner, will have to have a measure when I get a chance

sure driveshaft hasn't a kink in it measure the front of wheel basically tyre face to bumper and do the same at the back to the side skirt then do same on far side someone on here posted a pic the hub where it bolts to shock was bent causing wheel to be pushed back

That was me with my n/a my car felt planted in the corners aswell but felt like it wanted to go away on its own and the thre would wear badly aswell its worth getting your front wheels off and comparing the hubs mate just to eliminate one scenario

sorry chris for the life of me couldn't think of your name haha...

my mounts were 10 times worse and weren't allowing any rubbing or anything I say something is slightly out of place and causing it

Haha its all good mate. Id have to say something is out of line in the geometry set up could even be as simple as a bent wishbone.

Yeah well tomorrow's my birthday and I've taken the day off work so I should be able to jack it up and have a mosey see if I can see of anythings bent, and hopefully I should get some presents for this aha!

So the starbo got some usdm points on my birthday

5D67B9ED-ACA6-4469-B23F-3641D121A393_zps

0DBFA9D4-08C8-47EE-A6A7-6A14C66C4250_zps

I'm getting the allignment checked by a different place tomorrow, hopefully be able to get underneath it it and have a look around too

So i took the slipstreams off ready to get them sold, whacked the wheels off the rover on it.

3EC9A9F9-3E61-47C3-956C-19A7E3940118_zps

One drive home, burnt the tyres and popped an arch trim off, just because of the offset! and the new wheels i was looking at were et10, so that went out the window, so ive decided to just keep the slips until I find a set of wheels i can run with 195's without scrubbing!

73DBF8AD-B473-4846-94C4-F53C3B8E2DCF_zps

Rolled the arches and its still scrubbing,

A75D1D71-7ECE-4000-853C-A059A477BE10_zps

Finally got it going in a straight line as it turns out kwikfit didnt actually do the tracking properly!

A922510E-A262-4047-9EBB-566E1C5A53D0_zps

Makesure your balljoints aren't on backwards (theres a left and a right part number) could cause your tracking/axle issue maybe.

Turns out as above, kwikfit left the wheels toeing out!

Nice to see another 199 silver 82 :) looks great buddy

Cheers dude! Need to do some paintwork on mine asap aha!

So I finished work early today so I managed to go and get the wheels and tyres sorted out, also lowered the rear Coilovers while it was up on the ramp, matching wheels again!

88BF78F0-F9A9-4830-A2E0-D5FB3583A131_zps

BB40F3B3-5AEA-4069-BEB6-5FE18B8875DB_zps

Just waiting on tigerseal to turn up and I'll be bonding the arch back on, and when it's not raining so I can roll the other arch

Looking good mate. what fitment and tyres were the back wheels?

Not actually sure what offset they were, it's not actually marked on te wheels surprisingly, tyres are the same yokos 195/45

Liking this a lot Dan

John

Thanks john! Next bits will probably be painting or a new exhaust manifold, or a 40" tv, I haven't decided yet ahaha

So ive got it looking nice again, just such a shame that slipstreams have such a turd offset, they look lost in the srches

F6053FD6-87BF-48AF-B1CE-C2C6A47EE1B1_zps

6121C463-C6BF-4C00-AD2C-B081AEDC26A7_zps

BEF5FD38-33BC-432C-A41D-2748D614A5C5_zps

906D85DD-C3E0-4B89-892A-3CC0EF579163_zps

Also, i recorded the boost gauage on the way to work, its quite hard to record mind! At what boost is fue cut meant to kick in?

If this boost gauge is accurate im hitting over 10psi?

http://vid823.photobucket.com/albums/zz156/danwethepeople/84F584DA-8989-4BF9-8719-E59F57DCDFCC_zpsaerqvroc.mp4

5th gear pull

Edited by dan106