Got car mapped made very bad power 😨

Wel lads got my gt starlet mapped the other day and only made 240bhp @ 1.4 bar boost on a tuning developmenps hybrid td04 😠

No boost leaks no falt codes running fine just not making good power, is also lagy for a td04 imo. Can't figure it out, Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Is my exhaust big enough? Think it's 2.25 into 2.5" blitz nur spec

rest of spec is,

td hybrid td04 turbo kit

forged 4e engine, (standard compression)

standard head and inlet

Emanage ultimat ecu

Fmi

fpr

walbro pump

Lambda sensor was not working on dyno witch I have since changed but ecu dose not use lambda at wot

Thanks

Edited by tommyep82

Wel lads got my gt starlet mapped the other day and only made 240bhp @ 1.4 bar boost on a tuning developmenps hybrid td04 😠

No boost leaks no falt codes running fine just not making good power, is also lagy for a td04 imo. Can't figure it out, Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Is my exhaust big enough? Think it's 2.25 into 2.5" blitz nur spec

rest of spec is,

td hybrid td04 turbo kit

forged 4e engine, (standard compression)

standard head and inlet

Emanage ultimat ecu

Fmi

fpr

walbro pump

Lambda sensor was not working on dyno witch I have since changed but ecu dose not use lambda at wot

Thanks

If that's whp then that's ok

That's the problem then fuel.

could be a factor or be some real bad fuel like, but 95 ron shouldnt make such crap power at 1.4bar.

if the fuel was real crap she likely be pinking/detting so much it wouldnt have even been mapped up to 1.4bar.

Phil

Edited by Phil

could be a factor or be some real bad fuel like, but 95 ron shouldnt make such crap power at 1.4bar.

if the fuel was real crap she likely be pinking/detting so much it wouldnt have even been mapped up to 1.4bar.

Phil

what else can it be?

what else can it be?

well he mentioned it was laggy - so maybe a dodged actuator bodge. or a bad wastegate.

it could be certain manufacturers manifolds which have tiny runners.

it could be there is no timing in the map

the static timing could even be out

i guess really it could be a whole lot of things - or a little bit of lots of things including poor fuel.

but unlike Chris even if i seen the car i wouldnt be much sue at diagnosing any of them Lol

Phil

Edited by Phil

well he mentioned it was laggy - so maybe a dodged actuator bodge. or a bad wastegate.

it could be certain manufacturers manifolds which have tiny runners.

it could be there is no timing in the map

the static timing could even be out

i guess really it could be a whole lot of things - or a little bit of lots of things including poor fuel.

but unlike Chris even if i seen the car i wouldnt be much sue at diagnosing any of them Lol

Phil

ignition timing retarded due to poor fuel causing det imo :)

but like you said could be a number of things purely speculation

I'm using external waste gate and manifold has big runnes, same mani has flowed 350bhp, and yes it's only 95 petrol but still should of made better power, only thing I'm thinking is bad turbo but it's only about a year old and no smoke or play at all???

262 at 1bar

260 at 1.4bar ???

different engine specs.

chris mapped the 262 @ 1bar a good few years ago.

agreed, hard to pin point something without seeing and knowing everything... even then id be lost lol

theortically could be plenty of things.

Phil

Edited by Phil

it could well be I've seen 4eftes that take no timing at all before det and others that even on 95 have no problems Edited by mi16chris

Ap performance dyno is also a low reading dyno.

I have seen cars mapped on that dyno that made 200bhp and then to go on other dynos to make 220-230bhp.

Aonghus mapping is flawless usually and spends more time than most getting cars right.

I reckon timing aswell I wouldn't use anything other than 97 fuel wise different times of the year can effect mapping to but your missing like 40hp I would do a compression check just for a piece of mind.