lowering springs and shocks

looking at lowering the starlet, (its a EP91) if i was to lower it 40mm do i have to change the shocks aswell?? been looking at APEX springs that drop 35mm, and G MAX that drop it 40mm, does anyone know which is best? or if they know of a better brand?

Thanks Dan

got speedbumps all around where i live so cant go super low -_- was going to drop it 40mm as il still be able to leave my house and wont smash it to bits on potholes! how low do RSR springs drop it? read that they are similar in comfort to standard? I've never lowered a car before so if im asking stupid questions im sorry :)

I ran GMax 40 mm springs on stock shocks for about 6 years. They were fine, VERY hard, and sagged with age.

If you go the Tein route, I have a set for sale. Not 100% sure on the drop they give though as I picked them up second hand, someone will be able to confirm the drop though.

Phil.

Teins drop it 57mm & you can get them that drop 40mm loads on ebay, there not to bad with standard shocks just a bit soft, I had them on my old v, the starlet I have now I fitted new KYB Excel-G with with 35mm apex springs & I must say they are spot on for the roads, you get no harsh bangs over pot holes & the car sits very well.

DSC_0330_zpsexqypvay.jpg

DSC_0326_zpscddpdcnj.jpg

Edited by mart1

No probs mate, it was someone on here that recommended them to me, he has a starlet p9 & used other springs also.

Just to let you no if you do get them, when fitted it looks only lowered a bit but after a couple of good drives out they settle down nice:-)

okay thanks :) im running 15's at the moment dropping it 35-40mm should leave plenty of room shouldnt it? shouldnt need body work mods?

yeah will be fine as long as your alloys are not to wide 15 6.5 is ok.

Its not just about one of the rear wheels rubbing.

If its not rubbing, its still out of line and your car will be crabbing because the rear wheels are not in line with thr front.

If your going to lower your car do it properly