EP Owners WE NEED YOU! Stats for UK!?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you reckon there were over 60'000 EP85s built?

I dont reckon so no... But who knows?

I dont know how many were made, nor do I know how the numbering system works on the chassis...

But I can tell you is there NOT in line with the EP82!

Just a hypothetical here.

Does anyone know how to order a replacement key from Toyota?

I'm guessing not.

Let me run you through the process, ring the dealership, quote the chassis number, scan a copy of the V5 & your driving license to them. Sounds like a pretty robust ordering process, doesn't it?

Has anyone scanned a copy of a V5 before?

If you have you will notice that you cannot identifty the watermarks on the page. So, let's bring photoshop into play, chassis numbers can easily be maniuplated using this programme, like wise a driving license name & number.

Once you have a key, you have access to the vehicle, which will start and drive.

I'm not saying anyone will do this from here, but remember this is a public forum.

I'm guessing not.

Let me run you through the process, ring the dealership, quote the chassis number, scan a copy of the V5 & your driving license to them. Sounds like a pretty robust ordering process, doesn't it?

If you have you will notice that you cannot identifty the watermarks on the page. So, let's bring photoshop into play, chassis numbers can easily be maniuplated using this programme, like wise a driving license name & number.

Once you have a key, you have access to the vehicle, which will start and drive.

I'm not saying anyone will do this from here, but remember this is a public forum.

When the system is up and running, it will be encrypted.

Only partial reg/chassis will be visible to the public. If any.

This is for statistics and statistics only :)

Just sharing from experience, having worked for three different manufacturers in main dealerships.

Should a key be lost a new key can be applied for using the chassis number, a V5 and a driving licence.

Just last month, a key was issued using that very information that had been modified and the vehicle stolen.

I'm doubting that the site when operating will not be secure, but I would not advise of posting your chassis number to the public. PM, perfectly fine.

Just sharing from experience, having worked for three different manufacturers in main dealerships.

Should a key be lost a new key can be applied for using the chassis number, a V5 and a driving licence.

Just last month, a key was issued using that very information that had been modified and the vehicle stolen.

I'm doubting that the site when operating will not be secure, but I would not advise of posting your chassis number to the public. PM, perfectly fine.

Ah modern cars... Yeh absolutely...

BMW or these modern keys with all sorts of coding thru to the ECU...

I agree, that would be daft..

The keys on these imports are just like a house key. Your protection will be from an aftermarket alarm!

But yeh. Not be possible to do that to the JDM models 100% sure on that now.

UK is still questionable! I think they would need to see the car!

I'm guessing not.

Why have car thieves not cottoned on to this.. Because I doubt very much Toyota would take a scanned copy of anything.. U can't get any where with copied or scanned paper work Edited by marki7

A fleet operator will not post a dealership an original V5 for a start.

A hire company such as Lex Autolease, may lease 500 vehicles to one company, they are not going to know who the end user is.

Thirdly a lot of cars have pre-programmed keys from the factory which dealers cannot programme.

Edited by Chris Green

Just rang 3 Toyota Dealerships.

They can indeed supply a replacement key for a UKDM Starlet. With the V5 and Photo ID. From the Chassis Number of the Car.

They can NOT supply ANY key for a JDM Starlet. I asked all 3 if they were 100% sure on that. They assure me its not possible.

Remember, we are asking for Chassis OR Reg. or Both.

Don't have to supply your chassis no. if you don't want too, reg will do fine. Only way we can insure individuality and avoid duplication...

Also... Don't have to be involved at all if you don't want too, this is for the benefit of everyone.

As for your reg, if your worried about people seeing that, I guess you best not drive it on a road, go to any shows or track days or park it on your drive. :thumbsup:

Toyota japan dont hold details on cars over 10 or 15 years old.

I tried to find an engine number for my 98 trueno, sent emails to toyots uk who forwarded it onto toyota japan and their response was pretty blunt. We dont hold records for cars of that age lol.

If they cant find an engine number theres no way in hell you'd get a replacement key

As for your reg, if your worried about people seeing that, I guess you best not drive it on a road, go to any shows or track days or park it on your drive. :thumbsup:

Loooooooooool