New Glanza owner from Scotland

Hi everyone.

The clutch on my trusty Nissan Almera GTi self-destructed last week (I may have helped a bit) and I finally had to admit that it needs more time, knowledge, tools, space and money to get to the state I want my car to be in than I have right now.

So today I picked up a really nice, clean Silver 1998 Glanza V with 90,000miles (actually 145000km) on the clock. It's pretty close to standard; lowered 50/57mm on Tein springs, 15" Rota Grids and a few other bits and bobs.

It was imported in 2012 and seems to have been well looked after. It was great on the 150 mile drive home on dirt tracks, B-roads, towns and Motorway despite the weather.

I've signed-up as a full member and will get stuck into reading through this forum as I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll get some photos up as soon as she's been de-stickered and given a good polish and wax.

Look forward to meeting some of you at JAE. I'll be on the Almera Owners Club stand again but will be there in the Glanza. It was looking at some of your cars last year that started the itch that I finally got around to scratching today.

Edited by wraith

Welcome dude. Looks a decent base.

Welcome along mate :D you sure that's lowered on TEIN springs ? looks awfully high for a lowered car, could just be the picture angles!

James

There are 2 different types of tein springs, one type hardly lower the car at all.

Thanks guys, it's in pretty good nick.

The receipt in the pile of paperwork was for these springs..

http://www.tein.co.uk/srch/uk_search.php?maker=TOYOTA&carmodel=STARLET&modelyear=1995-1999&item=default

..and the springs on the car are green so seems legit.

It could just be the angle of the photos that is making it look higher.. or the Almera behind it that's slammed on BC track coilovers with only 2" clearance :-)

• 3 years later...

OK, it's been a while.

I bought this because my previous car packed in and I urgently needed an old Jap hot hatchback for the 100 mile a day commute to work. Found and bought  this in two days and was well chuffed.

My company moved to a city-centre office with no parking the next week.

So since then it's been a weekend car and I've probably not given it the TLC it deserves. 

It's been an absolute star. Totally bulletproof.

Got a list of minor things to fix, though. Just need to get my finger out my butt and make the effort.

There will be follow-up questions..