hello, im hunting for something particular

hi there,
new to this place and I don't actually own a starlet, YET!! I am looking at purchasing one though and I've got my heart set on a Toyota Starlet 1.3 GT Turbo EP82 I love the look of them the noise of them and pretty much everything about them.

So if anyone out there knows someone selling one or is selling one themselves please please please let me know as I have been looking for one for ages and the whole time I didn't have any money or space to keep it they were popping up all over the place but now I actually have the money ready for one and have sold other vehicles to make space to keep one I cant seem to find any :sad:

anyway, look forward to getting to know you all
:)

Welcome and good luck with your search

This one was linked on here yesterday and looks a clean example http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/95286-mk1-gt-on-ebay/

James

Hi James, Thanks for the link, I have already seen that on ebay as I look at least 5 times a day haha Its a very nice example of a starlet but its not right for me as it doesn't have the quad light front and also the boot has the red stripe on it which I don't want and it has different looking rear lights altogether compared to the ones I like. Hope this makes sense and you know what I mean.

Thanks again

Hi James, Thanks for the link, I have already seen that on ebay as I look at least 5 times a day haha Its a very nice example of a starlet but its not right for me as it doesn't have the quad light front and also the boot has the red stripe on it which I don't want and it has different looking rear lights altogether compared to the ones I like. Hope this makes sense and you know what I mean.

Thanks again

You're after a Mk3 GT Turbo then :)

^^Dont worry you won't look stupid we all started out in the same place, plus on the most part members on here aren't wankers and are happy to share knowledge! Good luck with the hunt 😀

Sorry for the delay people had a real busy weekend

^^Dont worry you won't look stupid we all started out in the same place, plus on the most part members on here aren't wankers and are happy to share knowledge! Good luck with the hunt

Cheers Flynn I had already started to think that after looking around the forum but ive been members of a lot of forums over the years and lets just say they aren't all the same

Stay away from any in the high Wycombe area there's some brothers that sell extremely dodgey ones. Other than that just keep a look out to make sure it's running mechanicaly perfect and your happy with the bodywork. If it's advertised online worth linking it on here to make sure it's advertised correctly a lot of people make up spec lists

Stay away from any in the high Wycombe area there's some brothers that sell extremely dodgey ones. Other than that just keep a look out to make sure it's running mechanicaly perfect and your happy with the bodywork. If it's advertised online worth linking it on here to make sure it's advertised correctly a lot of people make up spec lists

Cheers Shaun thanks for the heads up but luckily the one I'm going to look at isn't anywhere near the High Wycombe area and it hasn't got a big spec its standard with just the usually bits, exhaust, alloys, lowered and that's it.

Make sure what you can see of the sills is good and not rusty. They go bad behind the body kit

Cheers Grant will be sure to have a look

• 2 weeks later...

Ok then people its been a couple of weeks since I went to look at that starlet gt turbo mk3 and haven't posted an update as work has been crazy but now most people are off on their holidays its a bit quieter and have found some time to give you all an update :)

I got my brother and made the 193mile journey from mine down in Bromley,Kent all the way up to Chesterfield, Derbyshire to meet a guy called Matt and his dad, both of them I have to say are top blokes! :thumbsup:They had a few starlets sitting around but as soon as I got there boom I saw it the Toyota Starlet GT Turbo Mk3 and it was just as good as the ad had said it was, had a good look over it and went for a little drive in it and it ticked every box on my check list for buying my starlet, I couldn't believe it was there in front of me and actually for sale and could be mine, I've never owned a starlet before and don't know anyone that's had one and never even been in one but always wanted one so I couldn't say no haha.

I handed over the cash and he handed over the keys and that was it I was now the proud owner of a Toyota Starlet GT Turbo Mk3. All I had to do now was hope it would at least make it the 193mile journey back home and as any reliable Toyota would, it did. The only fault it had in my eyes was the exhaust banging against the bottom of the car and with no radio and 193miles of banging boy did I have a cracking headache that night and even the next day but to own a starlet it was worth it haha.

Anyway so that was buying it, I've had it 2 weeks now and it still runs like a gooden, not a single problem with it except for a red silicon pipe up near the scuttle panel that has come off twice. I have put some Powerflex exhaust mountings on it and that has helped the exhaust stop banging a lot but not totally so I've also had to use a piece of wire coat hanger to hold it to one side :thumbsup: as it seemed to be banging against the handbrake cable clamps I don't use it everyday as I drive a van for work 6 days a week so its all weekend and maybe a night or two in the week for the starlet. I went to a car meet on Saturday night in it and met another 2 guys with a black mk3 gt turbo that I think are also members on here and when all 3 of the black mk3 starlet gt turbos were sat parked next to each other it was a good sight.

So I will get some pics up very soon for you all to look at but in the mean time I look forward to getting to know all of you and your starlets and as I've never owned one before and don't know to much about them you will probably be seeing posts from me on a regular occurrence :p haha

• 2 weeks later...