Detailing advice needed for black panels?

Hello, wondering if anyone could offer me any tips to prevent or keep on top of cloudy black panels? I had the car professionally detailed including a clay bar/ machine polish 3 weeks ago, came back looking shiny, 2 washes later it's back exactly the same and shows every water run even after drying :angry2: any advice or recommended products would be great.

Best pics I could get as sun is very bright.

P7310230_zpsnvk5uddg.jpg

P7310231_zpskmevbpw7.jpg

Cheers

James

Edited by JamesD89

That was 'professionally' detailed 3 weeks ago? :sad: Did they put any protection on it?!

Firstly, what are you using to clean the car yourself? What products, cloths, process do you use?

That was 'professionally' detailed 3 weeks ago? :sad: Did they put any protection on it?!

Firstly, what are you using to clean the car yourself? What products, cloths, process do you use?

When I picked the car up from them it was sparkling including the wing shown, I took it back down there Friday and they have agreed to do it again for free without any fuss. Unsure if or what protector was used after. I'm no detailing expert mate my process is very basic

jet wash

handwash( shampoo)

chamoise

dodo juice detailing spray buffed in with their soft microfiber cloth or

Ocasionally if weather permits I use auto glym super resin polish again buffed with microfiber.

Always avoided owning black cars for this reason, any tips or products for black paintwork you would recommend?

Cheers

When you polish a car you need to protect it with a decent wax. I had a black Leon an used some poorboys nattys paste wax blue on it, gives a great shine and lasts a decent while too, not dear either :)

I've got a full thing of poorboys black hole (its a glaze to apply after polish, just makes things more black and hides swirl marks) and a full tub of poor boys natty paste blue that you can have cheap if you want? I used to have a black car and ordered two of everything by mistake haha