Lovely looking car this mate. Just read through from where you bought my corolla inlet mani. Love this colour.

Thanks a lot mate! It feels like ages ago when I got the Corolla mani! It is a beauty of a colour I must say, I look forward to see what you do with the new starlet too

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the previous choice of alloys soon changed! And I maaaaaay have picked some very rare wheels up today :D can anyone guess what they are (not the people I've already told)

702440EE-2672-443E-8BB9-296B7AB25BA1.jpg

Can't wait to get these on! They're 14" 6j so not too bad and I did want some 14's for a change. Absolute bargain for £150 lips need a polish and centres painting but other than that there's no kerbing or dents or any bad stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Westley

New wheels are on! It is actually pretty mad the difference between seeing these and the speedlines! But yesterday I spent a few hours getting the majority of pitting off the lip and tidied the paintwork up a bit, they are by no means perfect and they have many imperfections but they look a million times better than before! They will be having a full refurb soon. But here's some pictures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love speedlines too mate, but I just fancied a change! Wanted something a bit different and since these are pretty rare and they were cheap I'm super happy with them! Well they're still on the wheels atm I'll probably be selling them soon

Thanks! Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of them either but after I saw these they were too good to pass up on plus they are a pretty rare wheel which is always good! They'll eventually be getting refurbed properly and I am tempted to have the centre done in a vintage gold or a light metallic grey

The colours amazing. Was thinking of doing mine in it

Also think the wheels suit it better :)

Thanks a lot bud! Tbh I love the colour you've done yours! And isn't it crazy how just having a silver lip can make the colours on the car work so much better than just all black. Thanks!

New wheels look so good :)

Although the silver lip made me think it was mine at first glance haha :p

Also are you going to japfest Rock? If you are we need to park next to each other haha

Edited by NewbieLewby
  • 1 month later...

Not much has been happening recently! Been pre occupied and all I've done on the car so far is try to fix a few little niggles. Anyone have some advice/recommendations for loosening coilovers collars? WD has done nothing at all and a hammer and a completely flat screwdriver did not prevail either.

But at least I finally found out why the exhaust was smashing about, it's actually hitting the rear footwell as the exhaust curves around it but the guys who did it left about 5mm between the pipe and the footwell... So hopefully some stinger exhaust rubbers will

Cure that!

But of a predicament too, I am going to be having the toms refurbed soon, and I reeeeeallt cannot decide on what colour to do the centres! I'm torn between silver, pearl white or a nice subtle gold, with the lip either silver or polished up a bit

• 1 month later...

Little update! The car is back on lowering springs for a while now! The BC's just weren't my cup of tea! Raised them at least 30mm and they're still too harsh a ride for me to be dailying it. They're tolerable but I want some comfort and I'll save for some meisters in the future!

Unfortunately I have a feeling one of the rear shocks on the BC's may have gone a bit as it doesn't bounce straight back up like the others do, so I'll be selling them for a cheaper price than usual (be around £225 Ono) for anyone wondering.

Posted Image

Thankfully there isn't much difference aesthically. These are 60mm rsr springs on glanza shocks

The new wheels look awesome mate!

Cheers mate! They'll be getting refurbed soon, going one colour as having the lip polished is a bit of a pain as there isn't really any dish :p but they should look good when done

• 4 months later...

Wow I have really neglected my car since the end of August! I've done literally nothing! But now I am feeling as motivated as when I first got the car! Have a few plans lined up for 2017 and to start with I have the car a damn good clean :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have an adjustable panhard rod on the way finally! And a rarb thanks to walker! So I'll finally get rid of the one tyre scrub issue :p

• 1 month later...

Finally a worth while update! Got around to giving the car a good service, new oil, filter, spark plugs, and HT leads courtesy of Mr. Bower.

I also finally got my adjustable panhard rod and rear anti roll bar fitted which have both been sat a while doing nothing! So far from what I can feel the arb has made a very nice improvement!

Posted Image

No it's usually the drivers side that rubs, adjustable panhard rod will fix it mate! It's used to centre the axle back up with the car to combat it rubbing ☺️ I've still got to get mine aligned yet, so I can't report on the panhard rod 100% just yet but I'm sure it'll fix the issue

Was it a driver's side for all of ye guys in lowered EP91?

Please share your findings Westley - how did it go?

What lateral rod did you use?

I'm thinking of cusco from RHD - do they all come with all necessary bushings? And is there any surprise I should expect when fitting one in an N/A Starlet?

Thanks!

Mine rubbed the drivers side until i fitted an RSR adjustable panhard rod and had the alignment done.

Mine was an NA starlet (UK spec) and don't believe the mechanic had any surprises fitting it.

They should come with all bushes pre-installed in the ends of the rod (both my RSR and Whiteline ones did), and I'd imagine the Cusco would be no different.

Phil.

I bought a whiteline, and it's actually rather simple to install, the hardest part I found was removing the bolt at the drivers side of the rod, which is understandable as it has spent 17 years not moving!

But it's 2 bolts, take the old rod off, set the adjustable rod to the same length as the standard one, and fit it straight back in! Then you just need to find a garage that will do a 4 wheel alignment and will also adjust the rod and your good to go

Nice progress dude. Glad you got it sorted.

All with the assistance of you, so thanks!

I will have an interesting update next week, as a certain something will be going to get painted :p it will be awesome!