Received a few packages today, nothing too spectacular (well one is awesome) new gear knob! So my colours scheme is pretty much going to be made up of gold/black. So I spent hours looking for a gear knob that would suit, and so I found this, it was cheap and from China but I was willing to wait as every other gear knob had red writing.

Posted Image

It arrived and it turned out to be this.

Posted Image

Blue and red... So I waited about 2 weeks for something I could've got in 2 days! Anyway it feels nice, has a fair bit of weight and throws into gears much better than the stock one, so I won't complain!

Also got some new plate lights, and a whiteline rear strut brace! Which I'm super happy about! So thanks to Paddy for the great service and packaging! Took me ages to unwrap it xD

So yeah that's just a quick update, strut brace will be installed when I have some spare time, probably friday

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got myself one of those same gearknobs a couple weeks back, was actually quite pleased with it for the money haha.

Nice little updates mate, look forward to seeing more soon!

Yeah definately can't complain for the price, it's good to have that extra bit of weight!

Looking good bud!

Far and away the best colour for EPs ever....not that I'd be biased of course...lol!

Keep up the good work!

Phil.

Thanks Nangle! And thanks for the cap too :D

And yeah this colour is to die for! Always wanted a starlet in this colour which is why I had to have the car when I saw it :p

• 2 weeks later...

Got a couple of bits done last night since I had the house to myself, so put the car in the garage and proceeded to remove the bump strips! Took a while but it's worth it! Also whilst I had it in the garage over night I decided to paint the wiper arms and scuttle. Only gave them a quick lick of paint but looks miles better!

Under the scuttle panel was filthy so!

Clean half

Posted Image

Annnnnd the not so clean half

Posted Image

And all put back together!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Woke up this morning and cleaned the car as it was gross after all the crap poured on the sides to remove the strips and glue etc. But it looks much cleaner without the strips

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next on the list will be fitting a new steering wheel, the lady friend bought me the Kode steering wheel from jdm-ep, just waiting for it to arrive and that will be matched with the HKB boss on its was from Japan and the quick release from Socks once the group buy is finished!

For now I shall nerd out over the Star Wars beta!

Fitted the rear strut brace a couple weeks ago now, but somehow forgot to update that! Thanks to paddy for the strut brace! And the great service too!

I have noticed the difference the brace has made, it is surprising how much it stiffens the rear for such a simple mod!

Posted Image

It was quickly installed so need to refine the plastics I badly cut out as I was desperate to install it! Also need to make a glass floor of sorts as the boot carpet is useless... Just collapses at the back and I end up with missing food from shopping as it ends up in the spare wheel well xD

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received all the parts to fit my new steering wheel!

Posted Image

After cleaning the wheel up it started to lose some colour which is why I have suede dye. After applying that the colour difference was night and day! But unfortunately the right side had worn down too much so it isn't taking the colour as well as the rest but it still looks better than before!

Also! I have lowering springs on the way! :D

Got the steering wheel fitted today, gave it a few layers of dye too it came up great. But as said before the right hand side was too work down to restore but still looks cleaner than before.

Before:

Posted Image

After and fitted:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Had a few issues at first, self cancelling indicators didn't work but that was because I hasn't lined the notches up to the boss kit correctly, all good now. All I need to do now is get the horn working, boss has a brass ring on the back of it but there is nothing making contact from the horn to that anyway so gotta figure that out! Other than that the gold quick release will look well when that arrives

Car will be dropped soon! Springs and shocks arrived the day after they were sent so big thanks to JLF!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awsome mate it looks so clean and tidy

Thanks for the kind words!

I have a little update, lowering Spring has are fitted, it feels good to finally have a car lowered! Admittedly it's not the lowest it could be but I am over the moon with it and it feels much better than stock.

Posted Image

Posted Image

But like with all positive things comes a negative in the world of modifying cars! A wheel but snapped when trying to be removed so the shock/Spring had to be changed with the wheel still on.

Posted Image

I have some better quality ones on there way to me and the garage will sort it out for me free of charge. The but snapped off from the thread upwards so it's still screwed on but there no grip to remove it...

Annnnnnd I have this little beauty on its way to me!

Posted Image

Was a nice price has a scrape on the bottom of the tip but ah well!

I have a ukso air freshener and stickers too to represent! :D

Many plans for the future and I am excited to further progress

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update! New wheel nuts are on, just plain black steel nuts.

Springs have settled a fair but as the tires are now scrubbing daily! And you can see on the tires here where they're catching on the arch:

Posted Image

One of my headlight bulbs decided to stop working so I ordered some yellow bulbs and Amber (more yellow) sidelights bulbs:

Sidelights:

Posted Image

Old and new headlight:

Posted Image

It's really hard to show the true colour but the left side is the stock so as you can tell the new ones were very yellow.

But within an hour of having them in one of the bulbs decided to stop working... This is what I was greeted with:

Posted Image

Crazy! They were installed correctly and I had gloves on too, although one of the boxes the bulbs arrived in was very destroyed so I've contacted the seller.

I also managed to give the car a clean as it was embarrassingly bad. All four alloys were this colour:

Posted Image

And after a clean:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's it for now! I have a glanza rear bumper on the way! So I have a few things to save up for so I don't think there'll be much happening the rest of this year, but plans for early next year will be custom exhaust system to fit the Backbox I have, paint the glanza bumper, alarm system and new tyres as these ones are too big!

Great updates mate glanza rear bumper will suit it well :)

Thanks rich!

Tyre scrubbing on one side only?

I think it's both sides, it's only when I hit a bump over say 35mph so it's not all that bad, and pretty sure it's both sides, it's just scraping the inner arch when it hits too hard. Lot worse when I have more than 2 people in the car though! Haha I'll be getting some 195/50's at some point though as these are 55's which is probably the main reason it's happening

Personally id prefer 45's but they seem to get stick for not filling the arches enough? And thanks for the advice Fozzie I'll make sure to get the adjustable pan hard on my to do list!

Haha yes Fordie I knew you'd agree! I'm looking forward to receiving this bumper :D

Just stapled and plastic welded the cracks today mate..

Gunna book courier when i finish work hopefully be collected tommorow :p

That's brilliant! Thanks a lot can't wait, although I have to wait until I can comfortably afford to get it painted xD

Edited by Westley

Coming on well

Is that a gt turbo spoiler?

It certainly is, was on the car when I bought it and I'm still undecided on it tbh! Might look better colour coded

No worries mate.. u had quote to have it painted?

Just outta intrest as i work in body shop lol :)

I haven't just yet tbh. A friend who's also on here may be able to get it me done for about £70 but that's not a definite