Best front seats for Starlet

As the title says what's the best seats for the Starlet? Whether they are factory seats or aftermarket what fits the best and what is the easiest conversion.

They have to be reclining like the factory ones to pass registration and more of a bucket seat.

I have a nice set of retrimmed factory ones but was thinking WRX or R32 GTR seats.

It's the rails that are a pain can't go wrong with recaro's just finding a decent pair all the well kept one's are pricey spent a couple months searching couldn't find much. Sparco's are good priced..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone wanting to keep stock seats or running gt/glanza seats- my mate who's a welder will be modifying mine in a couple of weeks to drop some height off them. I'll be running 98 glanzas on N/A rails so that's why i'll be looking to get them sitting lower. I'll let you know on here when it's done and post pics up etc on my build thread for anyone who's interested.

• 3 weeks later...

So as everyone warned- we decided against chopping the standard mounting points as it does look like a bit of a nightmare. I wanted to buy a set but without treading on anyones toes i feel £200 per frame is a bit crazy. Instead we are drilling out the original mounts and are making a custom pair of seat frames from scratch so will post pics up when they are done :)

Edited by Pikey009

ive corolla HI-torque seats in my glanza and there snug out I do need make new lower rails as I cut feet off corolla rails and fitted glanza seat feet onto them and there a bit high for me but I prefer low seats

11903984_10207613971695775_4653184940647

I also had these in mine for a while, great seat, with base, lumbar and bolster adjustment on the drivers seat. They are however very heavy in comparison to stock seats. Like at least the weight of both ep91 seats with rails together for one seat.

• 2 weeks later...