Gary's 2ZZ-GE converted EP91 track build

EP91 non power steering rack

Nice! Been looking for one locally for awhile with no luck, rarer not to have power steering than do. Was the rack the only thing you had to swap or the column etc as well?

Nice! Been looking for one locally for awhile with no luck, rarer not to have power steering than do. Was the rack the only thing you had to swap or the column etc as well?

I just stuck up a few wanted posts and someone contacted me with one. So far it's just rack, I've not encountered an issues other that the bushes/brackets to mount to the firewall are smaller due to being a skinnier rack.

Any reason why you wouldn't fit a K20?I think if I was going to all the trouble of custom mounts and what not, I'd be hard pressed to find a better engine.

I haven't had much to do with the K20 and that doesn't make it a bad engine but I wanted to keep it a Toyota based conversion it's not really a huge job to make mounts, I would like to think a Honda engine would be much more of a head ache

Plus I have access to everything Toyota at work which is a big plus

I think it's great you're going for a Toyota based conversion and imagine the parts needed for the conversion are cheaper and like you said easier. The k20 is a fantastic engine but the 2zz is really underrated.

• 1 year later...

Realised that I haven't updated this thread in a long time!

I have now reshelled the conversion to another 91 as the green one had to much corrosion,

I won't blab on about it to much as I have pictures, basically all that has happened is roll cage has been done, floor has been fully repaired of all corrosion and coated and engine is duly mounted.

Currently the car is being prepped for paint then it's onto the rebuild

You can also follow the build on my Facebook build page https://m.facebook.com/Starlet2zzge/

1ggo6t.jpg

1lmqd.jpg

wu1oic.jpg

juvlp3.jpg

elfmg.jpg

2isfpz5.jpg

28luz6e.jpg

2dsntiw.jpg

e7xl6q.jpg

2uesls0.jpg

5ue2rl.jpg

dx23p1.jpg