EP82 AERO development car wanted! - Backyard Civics

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark is back from his honeymoon now, as some of you may have seen he's starting work on a Glanza shortly :)

Hopefully someone with a GT will follow!

Hi guys, yes, he's started work on my Glanza and it shouldn't be too long before it returns and I'll have some pictures and report how it is. I intend on using the car for track use and the odd 'B road blast' now and again, as well as it being my daily so as not to ruin my show van, so I will update my build thread as things progress :thumbsup:

Just before anyone mentions anything about my car not being highly specced enough to run these parts too, it is a work in progress, and thought it would be silly not to jump at the chance while Mark was wanting a donor car.

Scott.

Edited by scott-d-

Any plans for canards, Scott? I haven't been able to ask Mark yet. Would be nice to have some OEM bumper specific ones

I got some from Japan ep82 bumper specific carbon canards 😃 They look sick Edited by Whitenoize

Any plans for canards, Scott? I haven't been able to ask Mark yet. Would be nice to have some OEM bumper specific ones

I haven't enquired about any canards as I already had some to fit, but I will ask when I next see/speak to him. I also know someone who can make carbon fibre or fibreglass products so may be able to get some EP91 specific canards made, I shall look into it and let you know.

Are side skirts similar to his Honda products also being looked at for both EP82 and EP91?

I'm not getting any side skirts fitted mate, but I'm sure he would quite happily produce some if you donated your car for him to work around. I can always ask if you wish?

Scott :thumbsup:

I'm not getting any side skirts fitted mate, but I'm sure he would quite happily produce some if you donated your car for him to work around. I can always ask if you wish?

May be a bit hard to do, consididering EP82 Touge's location... :p

If I had a second car, I would quite happily lend him my GT as I only live 30 mins away from Preston. Alas, my GT is my daily :(

If I had a second car, I would quite happily lend him my GT as I only live 30 mins away from Preston. Alas, my GT is my daily :(

I'm all the way in Southampton and even I would, but same problem here :(

Edited by Amjad

Ahh I didn't spot that, my bad haha!

I did consider getting the side skirts, but when we looked at my car, we decided against it as I will be keeping the originals due to my car needing to be practical, hence the lack of lows :p .

If you ever get the chance, I'd definitely see about getting them made up, from what I've seen his work is top notch and he certainly knows what he's doing! :thumbsup:

he could borrow my auto project if he wants, i even have both mk1 and mk2/3 bumpers for it. hed have to come and get it though im not driving to preston, and i wouldnt want to find any holes drilled in it either lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update for you all.

Mark has been in contact with me, and the front splitter mounts have been completed, test fitted, and are now currently away being powdercoated. He will then move on to designing the front splitter.

The rear wing is complete and fitted and looks tremendous! He has informed me that there a few variations of end plate available to suit your taste, the ones currently fitted are the 'BYC' end plates, but he also does larger 'GT' style and the pointed 'Garage Works' style ones, all of which can be found on his facebook page.

Hopefully I should be collecting the car very soon, so once it's back in my hands, I will update with better pictures and a review of what I think.

I will leave it at this for now and let the pictures do the talking.

12369694_10208139652952247_900323828_o_z

12359655_10208139652632239_1206459297_o_

12380686_10208139652552237_1675991786_o_

Once again a big thankyou to Mark at BYC Designs, and I'm sure he's also looking for a EP82 donor car for anyone who is interested in a fully adjustable wing and properly mounted splitter.

Fancy.

I initially reached out to Mark about him using my car, but didn't want to miss out the back end of the track day season so decided not to proceed with it. I've dropped him another message to see if he wants to use my car, now seems as good a time as any.

How long has he had your car for?

I'd like a completely flat floor and diffuser for mine, we'll see if he can help with that too.

Fancy.

I initially reached out to Mark about him using my car, but didn't want to miss out the back end of the track day season so decided not to proceed with it. I've dropped him another message to see if he wants to use my car, now seems as good a time as any.

How long has he had your car for?

I'd like a completely flat floor and diffuser for mine, we'll see if he can help with that too.

Hi Tim,

Mark has had my car for around 4 weeks now, but it is only taking so long due to the bad weather we have had recently as I'm sure you're aware of. From what he mentions, I will be getting my car back any day now, but it isn't really an issue for me as I have other means of transport, besides, as the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day and knowing that it has to be right, I'm more than happy for him to keep it as long as he needs. :)

The splitter bracket looks great!

I'm guessing the EP82 should be pretty similar?

I must agree, they look like brilliant items. I'm sure the EP82 variant will be very similar in design, the only changes being the way they mount if thy are any different due to the chassis design. :thumbsup:

Edited by scott-d-