Johnny's Starlet GT

Hey guys, im back! After smashing up my Glanza around 3years ago, i fancied having another go with Starlet's and have just bought a Starlet GT running a TD04 kit. You may have seen it on ebay. Its a RARE sunroof version. Said recently rebuilt, and comes with ECU, boost controller, FMIC all that usual for a price of £2750!

I am on Instagram:- Flyingorphan

Follow me and will follow you :thumbsup:

Here is my old Glanza Progress thread:- http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/34288-johnnys-glanza-build/

104.jpg

I must admit, i love the power of the TD04 compared to the CT9 Hybrid i was running before. Boost is awesome!!!!

Seller Told me it is running 210bhp, which isnt bad!

I do have another project on the go, and thats turboing my mx5. Running a GT2560r on a recently rebuild rodded engine. Standard pistons are fine on mx5's up to around 350bhp, so aiming for around 300Bhp. If you are on mx5nutz look up my progress thread here:- http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89468&hl=

037_2.jpg

Currently have a Scooby as a Daily Runner and 6 motorbikes (I work alot of overtime for these toys)

Well, as the Starlet goes, I bought a new set of Wheels for her. Set of Rota HM3's as i just love 3 spokes, am running the Original SA3R's on the Mx5. Also got some Green Clubstars might mix and match later on.

Good thing about the mx5 and Starlet both 4x100 :p

Plan with the Starlet:-

New Wheels - Which i have already done 8)

Redo the whole TD04 kit and replace with WEPR. Why? I like everything neat and perfect. Im a perfectionist, as you can see from the Mx5 photos.

Install oil cooler and WEPR FMIC, poss rear-entry as i like minimal run and lag. Was Thinking Top mount Oil cooler just to be different, as looks quite cool.

LSD! it needs it!

Coilovers! Lowered Springs on standard shocks just dont cut the biscuit.

replace the Front bumper as its not tidy enough for me. Prefer less cut out.

434.jpg

444.jpg

2405.jpg

114.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Still deciding what to do! Cant find a decent Glanza/GT to replace it.

And its like over £1000 to rebuild the engine.

Having said that, sold the rocker cover so that will be going towards an Engine.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok recently spent a bit of cash getting this Starlet back on the road. And generally tidying her up abit, making it my own.

Took me ages to find a decent engine, and luckily my buddy James on the Isle of Wight has a freshly built 4e for me to pick up.

A Full Wepr Kit came up for sell on here, and as i was looking at replacing the turbo kit anyway, purely because I love Wepr Stuff and a feel its the best on the starlet Market.

Its a full TD04 Hybrid Ram kit with a FMIC, unfortunately not keeping the hybrid as done a deal with james for the engine :)

Whilst i was at it, I bought an Aluminium radiator.

266.jpg

270.jpg

272.jpg

I had an old Civic Shroud in the garage. (i have 2 more spare if anyone wants one?) and decided to cut it in half, have it welded together, got some lugs welded on, and looks like a bought one! even better, its branded Mishimoto,hehe.

366.jpg

410.jpg

544.jpg

Having the Fan shroud Powdercoated, along with some more wheels. Oh, i collect wheels. Its a habit, and not necessary a good one, Or a cheap one. lol.

479.jpg

Managed to get a Zisco full exhaust system on ebay, got it for a good price. Will put it on soon aswel :)

099.jpg

Yeh i was supposed to upload this video to my thread.

It was that day, it blew up :(

What a friend blowing up your engine 👍 on the up side looks like your coming back stronger and better :)

Keep up the good work

James

Edited by jimmymac101
  • 1 month later...

So an update on this,.............

Picked up the engine from my mate, and its currently in the Back on the Car. Its a standard Glanza Engine, thats has been freshly rebuilt. It actually has the Head and rocker cover from my OLD Glanza, hehe.

I have Booked in the car for weekend to be done, I havent got the time or space atm to switch an engine about, and then switch over the turbo kit. So let someone else do it :)

086.jpg

088.jpg

Picked up my wheels that i got Powdercoated aswel. 4xSSR's TYPE X and 6xRota Speed5. Look lush. Oh, im also building up an AF1 Aprilia 125 as a side project. Gotta keep busy. I will be Selling my Rota HM3's now, as i just have way too many wheels!!!

698.jpg

Internal wastegate of another TD04 turbo welded up. I fancy swapping the turbos over when i change the kit, as i dont know what to expect in condition of the turbo wen i remove it. Also, this one looks alot neater. Inside and outside :)

089.jpg

She has been off the ROAD tooo long!!!

087.jpg