*Matt1878's R32 Skyline*

So the Starlet has gone and the Skyline is here..

Bought from a member on the forum that currently owns a very nice example of a Glanza..

Flew from Manchester to Southampton to pick it up and then drove it 5 hours back to Blackpool. Ive always wanted an R32 and due to the recent increase in the market, a GTR is well out my price range. The car was a dream to drive home, was so smooth and not a single problem.. It gets looks wherever it goes! Absolutely love it. To say the car is pretty stock it still shifts.

Heres the spec and some pics (some stolen from Steve)

1992 Nissan Skyline GTST Type M

- RB20DET 145,000km

- Japspeed HICAS lockout kit

- Japspeed/Daiyama Coilovers

- Exedy performance clutch

- Walbro 255lph fuel pump

- MInes strut brace

- Enkei racing S split wheels

- Greddy black face boost gauge

- Nismo dial faces

- Blitz downpipe

- Tomei Expreme Ti titanium decat

- Kakimoto Hyper full mega N1 cat back

- Kingfab Steering wheel

BA543060-9571-4530-BB32-DE9A5DF91725.png

20EB078C-176A-4112-95C8-19F36287E759.png

4DECF486-9814-47B2-973A-10802EEF8FC3.png

The stickers have now been removed and the car will be getting a full machine polish next week some time,, The front bumper and the bonnet needs some attention as there is paint flaking off the bumper and the bonnet is a completely different shade of white.

Kingfab steering wheel I am unsure about because the quality of it is so good but I dont want to be going purple inside the car so this

will more than likely be replaced.

Things on the list are;

- Wheels

- Machine Polish

- Bonnet/Bumper need attention

- Replace front brake pads

- New steering wheel

- Look into getting some new seats

- Decide on spoiler (remove or replace with THE WING!)

Well this answers my question lol big boys toy eh I'd be changing the wheels asap lol big wings man! Love a big wing :)

The wheels are actually cool as man! Not had them off to look at sizes but there Enkei Racing S splits.. Staggered too, rears have a little more dish. Gotta wait for some more funds to be available before I look into more parts :)

I do love the car though :D

Seen this around on DW when the last couple owners had it. So much inspiration on that forum for R32 owners haha!

Any plans to fix that bumper scuff? :p

I'm still unsure what I'm going to do with the front end. Both the front bumper and bonnet need attention. I might look into getting a lighter bonnet for it as it weighs a tonne lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the rear wheels spin on this one :p

Hahah yes I know this!! Trust me!!

Loving the car so far!.. Nothing much to report really. Replaced the Kingfab steering wheel for a nice 350mm Suede Nardi Torino and the zillalife knob for the stock one for now until I find one I like.

I've been waiting in getting it machine polished by a friend of mine but the weather hasn't been great and it's made it tricky so just waiting on a day he's not busy and it's dry.

I have removed the rear Type M spoiler and then removed the surface rust underneath and now just waiting to get the boot filled, smoothed and painted. Plans are to go BGW eventually but for now spoiler less is the plan.

I'd love to find a fibreglass bonnet for it too as the stock one weighs about as much as my house. Still unsure on wether to keep the type M front end or go aftermarket / GTR bonnet and bumper.

Got a soft spot for the r32 skyline. Nice example right there. Are you going big power or just having a bit of fun with it for now Matt?

Thanks Sam!

The want for more power is there for sure but I'm being more realistic. Who wouldn't want a big powered 32 though haha?

There are a lot more things on the to-do list before turbo upgrade.. When it does get there, a GT3076r would be nice on this..

Okay so I've bought Rota's. Yes I know.. Rota's. They weren't expensive and will do for now until something catches my eye.

I'll need my rear arches rolling before I can really set any kind of ride height or anything up.

Fronts are 17x8.5 ET20 and the rears are 17x9.5 ET12. Nice and wide on there rears. Could do with the arch roll and pulling out just a bit as they are maybe a tiny tiny bit wide. They look pretty good though for Scrota's 😏! (Sorry Marc Moss)

B02FDC56-C78C-49E6-8FCE-2F59731EC5A2.jpg

61DF1736-05F9-4D65-B6E0-B0BE0000FC51.jpg

0BDD442B-F7DA-438E-8D30-837D9B6F1C08.jpg

I removed the rear wiper motor and arm too yesterday and bought myself a nice little screw in grommet. Didn't just want a rubber push in one as the wiper is positioned on the rear window so a screw in one works perfectly.

Spoke to Dean @ RW Developmemrs about making a section of my exhaust up to remove the HUGE mid box that really quitens the Kakimoto down. Looking to go straight through to the back box. Not quite buddy club like the V 😂. Will crack on with that once money is available.

Here's a few pics of the underneith and that exhaust system.

9C219EFA-4451-4524-8BC8-5E7112C1ACD1.jpg

540CB640-EB39-44DC-961A-0DC5DBBB9796.jpg

7F0CA03C-F3CC-4127-80DC-5DD4DF7896D6.jpg

Finally I've spoke to a couple of friends of mine at the body shop near to me about having the front bumper, bonnet and boot all painted. Looking to remove the Type M spoiler and have it all smoothed out to run no spoiler until I can go BGW when the bodywork comes together a little more.

Again, sorry about the Rota's 😂