I truly did not want to write this as I still want to believe Matt is an innocent, trusting person like myself. I bought the newly built 600 mile forged engine off him a few months back that he was selling for a friend. The engine was out of the car and looked ok on inspection. Another buyer previous to me had asked if the head could be removed as there was no proof it was forged due to there being no receipts. However, Matt was unwilling to do this, and I can understand that. I could see that it was forged and after a long chat decided to trust him and buy the engine. Due to time constraints I only recently finished installing it. However, first 30 secs it was obvious things weren't right. Looks like the head gasket has gone.

I contacted him and he did reply asking what I wanted to do and he would sort something. That was a month ago. I've heard nothing since even though I've text him several times. I haven't been aggressive, I still believe he didn't know, but clearly his mate did, but didn't tell him. He isn't on here so I can only write this about the member it was bought from. £1200 for a dead engine. And I suspect the head might be either warped or cracked, as it's a steel headgasket, so I imagine it's pretty hard to break them.

All feedback on him was positive and he definitely seemed genuine. But no response doesn't bode well with me.

• 3 weeks later...