I'm having abit of a blonde moment, if I fit 20mm hubcentric spacers to my car, remembering that the starlet uses studs. Surly the original studs that the spacer secures to are going to patrude the spacer? Therefore making contact with my wheel?

I hope I've typed that so everyone can understand!

Surely you dont have to use smaller studs to secure the spacer so it doesn't hit the wheel on installation?

Thanks for all comments in advance!!

Edited by Sefton-EP91

As above mate, quite a few wheels have recesses on the mating face which the studs can protrude into, however if this is not the case you need to be 100% sure your keeping the spacers for good and trim the studs down a bit. If you want to go back to normal at any point though you'll have to get new studs, which is a pain!

I love how flush the wheels are with arches on your glanza nick! Looks lovely mate! Jealous! :( im going to look into some h&r spacers! Look at getting same size. I just want abit more stance :)

Anyone got any idea what the centre bore diameter is of a glanza? Is it 54.1mm?

Thanks

Edited by Sefton-EP91

Ha ha. Well I should finally be picking a decent one up on Monday after a lot of searching. Sold my MPS today so finally got some money to put into it.

Do you think 5mm will make much difference? I'm toying with 10-15 but don't want rolled arches etc. Everything I read says I'll need extended studs for 5mm anyway

Its all going to depend on your wheels.

Best way is measure your tyre to edge of the lip on the arch on the back. If you dont want to roll them then you need to stay inside that.

As for the front thats much the same. But theres not so much of a lip more where the plastic comes down.

Again the thickness of spacer you can get away with on the stock studs will depend on your wheels, some will have less meat between hub and nuts than others, meaning you have more stud protuding to allow for spacers if so required.

I havent decided yet. Was going to stick a nut on 1st then probably grind the end off so when you remove the nut it deburs and cleans the threads at the same time.

The fronts on mine i was going to knock out and stick on the lathe and turn them down properly but thats only because its fairly easy to do that on the front.