Chloë's White Starlet

Bought my first car last week, been looking for a semi-decent White Sportif for a long time, I wanted a Sportif as I didn't want to ruin an SR. This little beauty came up close to me and luckily I managed to get it first because there was three other calls that came in whilst I was viewing it!

So I got an S reg 98' sportif which has 76K miles on the clock and the body is pretty decent, although the paint is dull, but nothing that can't be polished out, no dents only a couple of minor scratches.

Got a lot of plans for this, started to do bits already, hoping it will be ready enough for japfest next year! 😁

A43A7B26-966B-4173-890B-0D4928F1ED0C_zps

It then had polishing on the bonnet and it's come up pretty good, here you can see the difference it's made! (Done by george97)

B1F60E81-61FB-4AC9-899D-CEA08B28F596_zps

And then the centre consol was sprayed red also and the coin tray handle, I want to go for a white/red/black theme on the whole car through the build ☺️

7E3750DD-EB8A-4414-8E2E-E28141F9E024_zps

CDBE18AA-DB22-4340-B979-BC19C2BE47BD_zps

• 6 months later...

After a nice sunny day yesterday I decided to move forward with project Barbra as soon as I was back from work, I started to remove the stickers and bump strips, it was going well until I discovered that not only was my car a courtesy car but it had also had a small crash and the rear quarter and o/s door have been painted over in a horrible off white and is quite obviously more shiny than the rest of the car which looks like it has a base coat finish, not only that but beneath the bump strip was rust, bubbled paint and chipped lacquer! This would also be the reason for the rear bumper looking sorry for itself and not properly attached on the o/s. I've saved the n/s of the car to be done either today or this week and today I will be going to a body shop to ask about painting the rear quarters down to the a pillars as I'm planning to replace most of the panels anyway. I'm so disappointed that I never noticed any of it before and now it's put a big hold on all the plans

• 1 year later...

Been a long time since I last posted on here, reading back through what I've previously written and seeing the lack of knowledge at the time is a little embarrassing, but thought I would clear it up and update you all on what's happened in the last year- which isn't a lot.

Firstly it's not a sportif- it's a 1998 starlet S which now has 80k miles on the clock, I've added a few stickers in the interior including a jdm 'sticker bomb' wrap to the rear view mirror and the plastic trim around the speedo dials and also have cup holders which are soooo helpful!

I have also changed the exhaust, twice, l had a tte exhaust when I first fitted my glanza rear bumper, and now have a blitz nurspec.

In addition to the rear bumper I've also fitted a complete rear bootlid- both of which have been painted 040 white, flatted and polished by my better half.

I have also clay barred and polished her, so she's looking a lot shiner than when I first bought her.

I've fitted tinted front indicators and clear side repeaters which I feel to be an improvement to the amber and also new number plates as the old ones were starting to deteriorate.

I have only made slight changes in the engine bay, such as a dress up/washer kit, battery clamp, strut brace and a k&n filter all of which are red to keep with the theme I originally wanted.

Oh yeah and I lowered it by 45mm and she now sits on 15" white rota slips as opposed to those ugly 13" momo wheels with high profile tyres.

I thought I'd add in that some fanny drove into my car in the car park, it wasn't a lot of damage fortunately and you can hardly tell any more, but I'm not too bothered as bits are being replaced.

I still have bits I bought years ago that still need fitting and have panels to swap and be painted and things I'm looking out for to make more progress, but it's all planned, once the outside is done I can work on the interior and upgrading brakes etc ready for an engine upgrade. this is a big project but I'm slowly making progress and I'm really excited about how it's going to turn out, I will be sure to keep posting updates now!

She has her first car show this month so I'm preparing for that; hopefully the first of many.

Here's some photos 😊 3A996966-7F83-4E2D-BDD4-990837648CFC_zps

BB3674D4-F491-44ED-B15D-6DB545B26517_zps

D76C4689-8C02-45FC-857E-6ADBDBF4B5DB_zps

0ED258B3-B3F8-477A-8DA0-70A803A35283_zps

2D6F43C3-4592-4AC0-A9D7-D84CD0EF3ED9_zps

59A43764-6227-411A-B918-BDF8E663F9CE_zps

Been a long time since I last posted on here, reading back through what I've previously written and seeing the lack of knowledge at the time is a little embarrassing, but thought I would clear it up and update you all on what's happened in the last year- which isn't a lot.

Firstly it's not a sportif- it's a 1998 starlet S which now has 80k miles on the clock, I've added a few stickers in the interior including a jdm 'sticker bomb' wrap to the rear view mirror and the plastic trim around the speedo dials and also have cup holders which are soooo helpful!

I have also changed the exhaust, twice, l had a tte exhaust when I first fitted my glanza rear bumper, and now have a blitz nurspec.

In addition to the rear bumper I've also fitted a complete rear bootlid- both of which have been painted 040 white, flatted and polished by my better half.

I have also clay barred and polished her, so she's looking a lot shiner than when I first bought her.

I've fitted tinted front indicators and clear side repeaters which I feel to be an improvement to the amber and also new number plates as the old ones were starting to deteriorate.

I have only made slight changes in the engine bay, such as a dress up/washer kit, battery clamp, strut brace and a k&n filter all of which are red to keep with the theme I originally wanted.

Oh yeah and I lowered it by 45mm and she now sits on 15" white rota slips as opposed to those ugly 13" momo wheels with high profile tyres.

I thought I'd add in that some fanny drove into my car in the car park, it wasn't a lot of damage fortunately and you can hardly tell any more, but I'm not too bothered as bits are being replaced.

I still have bits I bought years ago that still need fitting and have panels to swap and be painted and things I'm looking out for to make more progress, but it's all planned, once the outside is done I can work on the interior and upgrading brakes etc ready for an engine upgrade. this is a big project but I'm slowly making progress and I'm really excited about how it's going to turn out, I will be sure to keep posting updates now!

She has her first car show this month so I'm preparing for that; hopefully the first of many.

Here's some photos 😊 3A996966-7F83-4E2D-BDD4-990837648CFC_zps

BB3674D4-F491-44ED-B15D-6DB545B26517_zps

D76C4689-8C02-45FC-857E-6ADBDBF4B5DB_zps

0ED258B3-B3F8-477A-8DA0-70A803A35283_zps

2D6F43C3-4592-4AC0-A9D7-D84CD0EF3ED9_zps

59A43764-6227-411A-B918-BDF8E663F9CE_zps

Have some mint bodywork in white if your after any!

Glanza bootlid

Glanza sideskirts

Glanza front bumper with lip and foglights

Glanza rear bumper