Guys attempting to steal my glanza - Manchester fallowfield

Just to prewarn everyone in the area, two guys tried to steal my car, came outside to them sat in it, only damage is to the lock and inside so could have been worse but they still had the cheek to ask me to start it for them! Good job they can't get past the imobaliser!

Edited by ReeceGolliker

Gave me enough time to haha! They were all tooled up and prepared, just not for the imobaliser haha! I'm not sure wether they're repairable, the drivers door one is smashed up but I've not looked at the key barrel yet, hopefully it's ok

Bloody hell mate you seem really laid back about what happened. Luckily it didn't get stolen.

I know what I would have done if I caught someone trying to steal my car

It's still there and that's the main thing! No idea what they was planning with it, it'd be pretty obviously if they tried to sell it or break it! I was kind of not really in belief when I opened the door, thought it'd just be someone drunk accidentally set the alarm off! Worst bit is I can't really leave my car around here as I have no garage/drive at my student house, so I'll have to take it off the road which sucks

Sounded like mancunians, both looked about 6 foot, average build, and they got into a black Astra coupe i think. I didn't fancy my chances against both of them to be honest. Must have known about starlet ms value and parts, it was probably some breaker on the Facebook page...

Edited by ReeceGolliker

You have done right to be calm and confront them, you could of ended up in hospital and lost your car.

Bit of a long shot but we need to lookout for these fuckers, did you get any of the astra reg plate?

I wish I didn't confront them and wait for the police to come haha, that would of made for funny viewing! They seemed that stupid to have kept trying until the police would arrive! Just hope it's not someone from in the scene, then all hope for the starlet scene is lost really

thats ruthless !

my neighbour came home at 3 the other day to find a guy stood looking at my car and when he was confronted he just ran off,

luckily i have good neighbours i was working on lauras car quiet late on and he came out with a rolling pin to clobber me as he thought i was trying to steal her wheels haha

thinking the same you might of been followed at some point.

Bastards. Do you go to any meets etc? If so might be worth looking out for them there as that might be where they'll find a car they like. No one suspects you walking round looking at a car at a meet

Fuckin yes!

http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/armex-tomcat-mk2-80lb-self-cocking-pistol-crossbow-2143-p.asp

I've got one of these, £30 now! That's bang for buck. It can punch a hole in the steel kickplate at the bottom of the doors at work, or put a metal bolt about 2 inches into a tree. If I caught someone in the act of stealing my car I'd have no hesitation in sticking a bolt in one of there limbs. Quick to recock too.

http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/armex-tomcat-mk2-80lb-self-cocking-pistol-crossbow-2143-p.asp

I've got one of these, £30 now! That's bang for buck. It can punch a hole in the steel kickplate at the bottom of the doors at work, or put a metal bolt about 2 inches into a tree. If I caught someone in the act of stealing my car I'd have no hesitation in sticking a bolt in one of there limbs. Quick to recock too.

Bookmarked that! Will rewatch the Walking Dead for a bit of inspiration :D