What underseal does everyone use?

As above what does everyone use? I particularly want to do my arches. So what would be the best stuf for this. What the process everyone uses. Is it just a matter of slapping it on and smearing it in all the gaps?

Thanks for all the help in advance, much appreciated :)

Edited by Sefton-EP91

I've used some waxoyl spray stuff before when i had my car on a ramp. You need a air compressor and a gun for it, i thinned it out a bit with some white spirits so it didnt clump up everywhere. Needed about 2 tins to do the whole car and arches. It is messy like that so need to mask the car up. But took like 5 10 mins to do.

I had front arches and inner arches off, shocks and rear beam off aswell when i did mine so it got a good covering.

Last year i redid the arches with a brush on waxoyl which allowed me to put it on much thicker but was harder to get in the nooks.

As for prepping i presure washed and wire brushed what i could then went over the top of everything else

I have done this and if you want to do it properly you need to remove the suspension for the arches.

You cant clean the dirt out behind suspension properly otherwise. Plus it does not take long to remove a suspension leg, just 6 bolts for front and 3 for rear.

Remember to dry the surface before applying the underseal.

If you want to do underbody properly you need to remove fuel tank.

I used hammerite underbody seal with waxoyl. I bought 2.5 L tin which it way to much!

Edited by 5T4R7ET N/A

ive copied and pasted this from another forum as i couldnt be bother to type it out again.

This is my st205 celica.

small update.

20141230_162311_zpssifb53dl.jpg

20150301_145709_zpska912vvp.jpg

IMG-20150301-WA0003_zpsuhgbvilh.jpeg

20150317_163301_zpsxldcbdhb.jpg

thats as far as ive got for now. im just doing it in sections so i get it all cleaned up and its not sitting as bare metal for long. then once its all covered i will give it another coat of primer then the stone chip, primer, bodycolour. I plan to get some stuff sprayed inside the sills and cavity's also.

I used a twisted wire wheel in a grinder for most of it, and a smaller one in an air grinder and then smaller bits in a drill to get into harder bits. then i used the bilt hamber gel stuff then wire wheel it all and then repeated that again to pull any pitting out of it.

After that deagrease and wipe it down then i got lechler 2k epoxy 29107 and had it tinted to the body colour. mixed it up and sprayed with the gun. after this i will be applying Upol gravitex stone chip which is over paintable. then more primer and then 2k body colour ontop. The lechler epoxy primer is very good stuff same as the gravitex stone chip. ive heard lots of good feedback on it.

bit more of an update. i took a couple of days off to get some progress made. i just got a bit fed up with working under it cleaning all the rust and old seam sealer and crap so it was slow going.

I got the whole rear end sprayed in epoxy primer

20150614_121800_zpsjnbjx9jw.jpg

then seam sealed, it looks messy but Toyota just fired it everywhere so i wasnt too fussed and under seal will be going over the top of it.

IMG-20150614-WA0031_zpsa8rtdiaa.jpeg

next week I will get the underseal sprayed on and then some paint over the top of that. Then finally I can start fitting parts back on the car!

U-Pol Gravitex stone chip sprayed on now!

20150615_204432_zpsn7oxsqml.jpg

20150615_204508_zpszl6nbxsb.jpg

Cheers guys. I finished this last night. some hours has gone into it. Im really glad i got my new compressor before i started all this as it was great to have plenty of air to keep the air tools going.

20150618_173040_zpswrdb5kze.jpg

20150617_222023_zps0xrkftbs.jpg

im pretty chuffed with how it turned out considering it was all done on my back.

Edited by Bean

Thanks guys, looking back it was horrible work and i found it hard to keep going at it. just hours of crap flying everwhere from grinding wire wheels and the die grinder. The GT4 rear end has lots of nasty places for rust to get at given chance so it took ages to get it how i was happy with it before i painted it.

the sub frame and stuff were all powder coated then new bolts throughout and all poly bushed.

20150722_210452_zpsaj5xinyj.jpg

The car is on the road now.

I have the kp starlet to do at some point over winter.

• 5 weeks later...

at work we seal the skylines with a wurth underseal, comes in like a sausage we use an airgun to apply and it hardens like a rubber effect (tyre) im lead to believe that shultz and the likes dry rock hard and any stones chip it off :( The rubber stuff seems to last ages too!

wurth-high-build-underbody-underseal-15.

• 1 month later...