The lip is one of very few genuine TTE lips which were an optional extra for the SR’s buddy. No clearance issues on the apexi springs and even on coilovers it’d be fine. I believe a few companies do replica lips at a fraction of the price but I wanted an original for this car as it’s so clean 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Pikey009 said:

The lip is one of very few genuine TTE lips which were an optional extra for the SR’s buddy. No clearance issues on the apexi springs and even on coilovers it’d be fine. I believe a few companies do replica lips at a fraction of the price but I wanted an original for this car as it’s so clean 

That's a great and rare mod mate! Makes me so jealous! I've never came across this part... I have the TTE spoiler and the speaker shelf and actually found a genuine 103K mls SR being sold for parts recently so got few bits: second spoiler, second shelf (I'll be selling these soon) and finally unabused TTE back box (! Yessss;) but never the TTE lip or even a replica!! I'm afraid they're all gone discontinued...

Again: that's really sweet! 

Forgive me going off topic but what other lips (except that one from a Laguna as that's too common) would you recommend or find suitable for my N/A front bumper?

Thanks for the nice comments. Yeah I was initially in two minds weather or not to go for splitter but the car is one of the cleanest lowest mileage SR’s in the UK and very original so thought it was only right to have it.

What colour was the SR being sold for parts? Are you making an SR rep then? ID-works used to do the rep splitters I think at one point. I’ve never really looked in to alternative splitters to be honest buddy but there might be a thread on here somewhere. I’ve always liked the idea of a Remix front bumper but they are as rare as the TTE splitter nowadays 

23 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

Thanks for the nice comments. Yeah I was initially in two minds weather or not to go for splitter but the car is one of the cleanest lowest mileage SR’s in the UK and very original so thought it was only right to have it.

What colour was the SR being sold for parts? Are you making an SR rep then? ID-works used to do the rep splitters I think at one point. I’ve never really looked in to alternative splitters to be honest buddy but there might be a thread on here somewhere. I’ve always liked the idea of a Remix front bumper but they are as rare as the TTE splitter nowadays 

The colour of that SR is same as yours (toyota 205 black) - he's based in NI (PM me if you need contact details etc).

My Irish N/A EP91 won't be an SR replica and definitely not a glanza rep neither. So no glanza bumpers nor interior (I love the light blueish grey trim and I won't remove the door strips)!

I'd call it ''European style modded with loads of TTE/TRD/JDM goodies;)''. I have to build a thread on ukso one day as the list of my mods  is quote long! For now you can see the list in my profile:

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/profile/6539-di_bodi/?tab=field_core_pfield_13

Cheers!

On 2/20/2019 at 11:45 AM, Di_Bodi said:

Where the hell did you get that TRD fuel cap may I ask?

Part Number MS360-00002 is discontinued since good few years...

So much want !

RHD Used to sell them - now they are advertised as a cover

https://www.rhdjapan.com/trd-fuel-cap-cover.html

Doesn't say that it fits the Starlet though.

On 3/1/2019 at 9:54 PM, Calum122 said:

RHD Used to sell them - now they are advertised as a cover

https://www.rhdjapan.com/trd-fuel-cap-cover.html

Doesn't say that it fits the Starlet though.

They both were always called 'covers' by them TRD people;)

That one (PN 77315-SP010) which is still for sale is a cap 'with tether' and different shape to what Pikey has.

According to TRD part numbers chart it doesn't fit Starlets otherwise I'd have it long time ago:)

Capture.thumb.JPG.f05b2d214d4141b5eabecd7128de7e64.JPG

I’ll ask Trav where he got it from but think he’s had it a long time in a draw before fitting. I’m not really that bothered about it either way ha ha looks pretty cool but is never really seen 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gave it a major service this week, dropped the rad out to re-tap the lower exhaust heat shield mount and did the plugs so it’s all ready for the MOT in two weeks. Also gave it an anal clean. Looking forward to japfest! 

4037FB7E-23B2-4FFC-82C6-7ACED32D1F06.jpeg

2EA6CA3E-0D6F-4970-827E-7B8EED2BE79B.jpeg

Sort of, i had a set done silver and fitted with some ad08r's which i had on the starlet but then put some ns2r's on my grey set that were on my corolla and decided they were too noisy for daily use so swapped them over so now have grey alloys on the SR which are a fair few years old so could do with being redone.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to you and your mate by the way Morgey, just got the new bonnet sticker on. The car also flew through its MOT today so it’s now fully back on the road and ready for a good clean before japfest 

B532F340-5793-40AA-9CB1-61FE78880A95.jpeg

AE4D47B0-A2A9-43F1-8B8A-51A47F3801D4.jpeg

The weather looks crap all day tomorrow doesn’t it so not a clue when I’ll get the chance to clean it! Drove it from camp to home today for around 120miles in the rain so it’s now minging. Did manage to fix the passenger window though

Spent a few hours cleaning today and then ten mins later it pissed with rain. I planned on taking my waterless wash and wax stuff anyway tomorrow so not the end of the world

DBACA2B0-995F-48A4-AB7D-93991EF64C3B.jpeg

5FC11628-56EE-41D2-A349-2BF98FFBB2B3.jpeg

F7B7344E-A625-4103-B631-5B634FA6C3D9.jpeg

20A9BCBB-6815-43FB-B5A3-0DA3A9A8A6EE.jpeg

0A4F71B0-9FE0-4F7F-99A1-02C745F7D721.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Yep I’m not looking forward to giving her back ha ha but it is frustrating not being able to move forward with the car so fingers crossed I might be able to have the other one off you! Then it’d be time to save for a 2zz-ge swap

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well the car is in storage yet again as we’ve all been sent home from for obvious reasons. I’ll miss driving it around, genuinely puts a smile on my face every time. Will soon be time to give her back.

Travis has got some decent plans in the pipeline so I’ll look forward to those.

ABDFBD98-CA33-4FF4-A52B-FF4854E126E1.jpeg