Nice one cheers buddy. I'll be getting an emanage blue in the future so that should maximise the gains as I've heard these uk spec engines are easy to get near 100bhp. Plus then when I bolt a turbo to it I'll already have the Ecu sorted. Are there any alternatives to the emanage blue price and performance wise?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if theyvwork with these but the corolla boys use det3 piggy backs but they run a afm not a map sensor but cant see why it wouldnt or couldnt be made to work.

Yeah with an ecu it shouldnt be far off. With rolla intake and good exhaust it should hit over 90hp as that what the 4efe corollas have stock and theyre almost the same engine But on a factory ecu so a remap should see over that.

I might be able to get hold of the import na ecu so would just run that for a start. Was it just the intake and Ecu that was different in the import cars? Seems like easy cheap gains for a start and I know 90hp wouldn't exactly set the world alight but it's better than 76 :)

To run the early 100ps ECU you ideally need to matching pink injectors, the Gen1 FE also used the FTE style inlet and TB. Differnet exhaust mani, but use a 5EFHE exhaust mani or a good aftermarket one.

Also the Gen1 had a FTE flywheel (get it lightened), 212mm clutch, rods are thicker (possibly GT rods in the Gen1) and also the crank is a turbo crank.

Get that lot dropped in your SR and it will be awesome!

Thanks mate. Yeh does seem pretty hard to come by and I can't see the plastics being easy source but I'll probably spray them and re trim the fabrics to match. I've got a load of stuff on order from various places so just waiting for it all to turn up! By the end of next month it should have:

Late spec front and rear seats

Crystal headlights

All belts including oil, filter and water pump

Custom stainless back box with genuine tte tail pipe

Wind deflectors

And maybe the plastics sorted along with a deep engine clean if I get time

Dan I've got the chance to have a 4paw Ecu- do they def use the different injectors and turbo inlet? As my 4paw had a Corolla inlet on it. I don't want to damage anything

What year of 4paw?

The stuff i mentioned was all on a Gen1 FE EP85

The EP95s (well the late Gen3 ones) have corolla inlets, dark green injectors, knock sensor, 4 wire o2 sensor, DIS ignition etc.. basically set up for economy rather than power.

Gen1 stuff is what you want!

You got a pic of the ECU youre getting? I have the numbers here i'll match to mine :)

Edited by daniel_g

I doubt it would do anything worth noting tbh. Did it have the DIS / coilpack ignition system? If so then that ECU wouldnt even run on your car with a dizzy setup.

Gen1 100ps ECU from a Gi / 85 / Soleil is the one you want. Its got a higher rev limit than a UK ECU aswell.

Or just get an EMB wired in job done 8)

Saying that if its the 95 i think it is then it wasnt the very late spec (so still used a dizzy setup)

Id you have it to hand fire it on, it will be better suited to the Corolla inlet if you plan to go down that route anyway.

I've got a pic of the engine bay when I had the car and it's running a dizzy. So that 4paw was running 10bhp more than my sr and it just had the Corolla inlet and Ecu :) sounds like decent gains to me :)

Yeah i know the car, used to be Geos girlfriends 95. May aswell fit it then yeah, not sure if they were the only differences, (injectors too maybe) but if you reckon theres 10bhp in it then its worth a go :)

Edited by daniel_g

Yeh that's the one. Well the pic you showed says 85hp compared to 76 the uk cars put out. Im just not that sure about the Ecu maybe I would be better getting a piggy back and tweaking out a little more power along with the Corolla mani. I know they're only small gains but the cars so lite I imagine it'll make a difference. I've heard two separate tuners getting around 100 from them :) so not bad gains for the car really

Edited by Pikey009

Yeh that's the one. Well the pic you showed says 85hp compared to 76 the uk cars put out. Im just not that sure about the Ecu maybe I would be better getting a piggy back and tweaking out a little more power along with the Corolla mani. I know they're only small gains but the cars so lite I imagine it'll make a difference. I've heard two separate tuners getting around 100 from them :) so not bad gains for the car really

If the ECU is cheap / free if you already have it? Then yeah fire it on why not see if it does make a difference.

Then you can always get an EMB down the line.

Its defo possible to get 100 outta them without too much work :)