• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove it 180 miles to my parents yesterday and didn't miss a beat :) just hope it keeps being as reliable. I've been thinking about the wheel refurb and was considering a darker grey but to be honest the car is so original I think I'll get them done in bright silver again :)

By the way, to remove the PCV do I need to remove the rocker? There's nothing wrong with it that I know of but it is a little damp around that area and I know they're very important so I was thinking of changing it

The rear seats after I've had the carpet cleaner on them as they had some dodgy stains when they arrived. For anyone who's fabric seats need a clean- cant recommend using a carpet cleaner high enough. The one I used was a vax agility :)

Should've done a before and after pic I guess

Made a start on the engine bay but it's going to take some work. I want to get the rocker cover painted- are the 4efte's rockers the same as NA's?

Refurbed my heat shield tonight:

C5877A1E-C80C-4C43-B7F8-0A8B56674473.jpg

E32E7F0F-6182-4076-9BB8-0F079F463AC5.jpg

Will be doing all the little brackets soon and renewing all the nuts and bolts

Ah thanks, hopefully :) it's going to take a while as the plan is to get a corolla inlet mani and refurb it. I'll get the rocker done professionaly i think. Would i be ok to run the other rocker on mine with a catch can? just i'll end up going down that route when i turbo it later in life.

The 98 spec front seats arrived today from Jack :) they're from my old ep95 so it's a nice touch. He's properly sorted me out with them and genuinely nice guy. The seat frames should be getting the chop next week so i'll grab some pictures of that- hopefully all goes well!

Tonight I added an aluminium dial surround. Might not be to everyone's taste but I just wanted to freshen up that area a bit and didn't want to go down the carbon route. Got the surround from eBay which came from Germany: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tachoblende-Silber-Tacho-Toyota-Paseo-Starlet-Blende-/190282944623?nav=SEARCH Came in three days and the quality of it is fantastic.

EDF56847-9935-4E7A-8D29-F6399AFECA2A.jpg

After that, clean your clear cover as the finger prints will drive you mad otherwise. Refit everything and enjoy :) I appreciate this might look a bit anal and over kill but the surround isn't what I'd call 'cheap' so that extra 10mins of patients will pay off and give you the look you want :)