♛ Charlotte's EP70 Turbo- MOT Passed!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just ordered some wheels for it actually, they're not JDM... nut maybe in the future i'll keep my eye out for some tasty 14's... as much as i'd love 13's (i love tiny wheels haha) they won't go over the turbo brakes :/

The wheels are being delivered today, so i'll get some pics on here tonight hopefully :wub:

I've just ordered some wheels for it actually, they're not JDM... nut maybe in the future i'll keep my eye out for some tasty 14's... as much as i'd love 13's (i love tiny wheels haha) they won't go over the turbo brakes :/ 

The wheels are being delivered today, so i'll get some pics on here tonight hopefully :wub:

True! I didn't think about upgraded brakes! But 14's will look good too

Good progress! The stock ep70 clutch master will work fine. That's what I'm using. The rear axle from a gt/v won't fit. It's too long. So have to make wheel bearing spacer to fit discs on back. Or cut stub axles off lol I went for the last option haha wiring is easy. Cut up the loom and splice the efi wiring in. I'm using original fuel pump/cut relay inside the car. And put a new efi relay under the engine bay fuse box and utilised the efi furs in the fuse box. It just need the terminal fitted

Thanks guys. I knew the wheels wouldn't be for everyone but I didn't want a coloured wheel if you know what I mean. I saw an amazing set of work equips on drift works that were in stock but £1400... Lol. I will keep my eye out for some jap rims but it's not a main priority just now.

And yeah they will poke a bit but they're exactly the same fitment as the wheels on my advance but these are 7mm lower offset so with 195 tyres it should be fine... :/ haha.

Cheers for that grant, saved me a day of swapping axles and finding out the hard way. I'll swap the stub axles over I think. I have a sard 5L swirl pot and 265 in tank pump on the way from Japan, and as for the wiring I'm not too bad with wiring (spent 4 years at uni wiring all sorts or stuff but that's the fatal last words hahaha) so I'll just see how it goes. I'm moving the fuse box behind the glove box and I'll mount the efi relay along with that.

post-9101-0-67776300-1450030199_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-83579100-1450030231_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-13130800-1450030273_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-44928500-1450030326_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-68998900-1450030360_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-99079600-1450030407_thumb.jp

post-9101-0-35461400-1450030444_thumb.jp

Few bits fitted and a few bits turned up fresh from Japan. Sard 5L swirl pot, sard 265 pump, cruise gear knob, blitz rad cap etc. Started putting some of the interior back together too.

The rear axle along with the GT rear axle are both currently at work in the workshop. The welder a are going to chop the stub axles off the turbo one and weld them to the 70 axle.

Also I have some uniroyal rain sport 3's in my store at work so hopefully will have those fitted by tyre bay this week fingers crossed. Work perks ftw!

Yea my bad on the stubs I'm afraid. But after comparing the gt axle and the ep70 axle the gt one is much wider. Plus with Charls epic 8" wide wheels it could do to be as narrow as possible really 😉 The welders at work are pretty good, so should be a nice conversion 👍🏻