Will a decat give me boost creep

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even a cheap one will do to set it below fuel cut. Jus entend the rod on the actuator and then slowly bring it in until yoi reach 11/12psi. If the actuator is new you shouldnt creep too bad.

Plus i suppose if your taking your decat off to fit a blitz decat, why not port the wastegate out a little with a dremel. That way more wastegas gas can flow severely reducing creep.

Even doing all that shit i bet you my next wage you'll still get boost creep and hit fuel cut.

When flooring it in the cold weather.

CT9 turbos are very poor at controlling boost, the internal wastegate penny is too samll and even when ported out they are not that much better.

Thats why so many people used to run FCDs because its the quick fix for not hitting fuel cut.

Even a cheap one will do to set it below fuel cut. Jus entend the rod on the actuator and then slowly bring it in until yoi reach 11/12psi. If the actuator is new you shouldnt creep too bad.

Plus i suppose if your taking your decat off to fit a blitz decat, why not port the wastegate out a little with a dremel. That way more wastegas gas can flow severely reducing creep.

It's not a new actuator but I have got a speedvision manifold on the way so I imagine that will help and I won't have to port my stock mani. I've seen a few gauges for less than a tenner so I might just grab one to set it all up with!

Even doing all that shit i bet you my next wage you'll still get boost creep and hit fuel cut.

When flooring it in the cold weather.

CT9 turbos are very poor at controlling boost, the internal wastegate penny is too samll and even when ported out they are not that much better.

Thats why so many people used to run FCDs because its the quick fix for not hitting fuel cut.

Eugh I can never win! Any ideas on what to do then? :cray: (on a limited budget by the way)

Personally id get an externally wastegate manifold and run a 0.6bar spring and you should never hit fuel cut. Then get an electronic boost controller when you can and dial in a bit more boost until the fuel cut limit.

EWG setups control boost far better.

I'd buy a decent genuine boost gauge before anything I wouldn't touch the boost unless you have some sort of plug n play ecu or a piggy back especially this time of year. Save and gather parts put them all on at once imo do mani and decat actuator at once while there off I'd say a plug n play would do till next summer don't forget to buy genuine gaskets to :)

Personally id get an externally wastegate manifold and run a 0.6bar spring and you should never hit fuel cut. Then get an electronic boost controller when you can and dial in a bit more boost until the fuel cut limit.

EWG setups control boost far better.

I'd buy a decent genuine boost gauge before anything I wouldn't touch the boost unless you have some sort of plug n play ecu or a piggy back especially this time of year. Save and gather parts put them all on at once imo do mani and decat actuator at once while there off I'd say a plug n play would do till next summer don't forget to buy genuine gaskets to :)

Fitting an aftermarket mani as things are will increase boost creep not reduce it lol.

Either fit an ext w/g or an adjustable actuator and port the int w/g.

Failing that you could restrict your air filter.

Christ all this for a decat lol :sad: fuck it I'm just gonna leave it, sounds like far too much hassle for a decat and expensive too :cray:

Christ all this for a decat lol :sad: fuck it I'm just gonna leave it, sounds like far too much hassle for a decat and expensive too :cray:

Just save up it's worth it make a good difference good parts for Japanese cars are expensive you get what you paid for the sooner you realise the better or you end up going around in circle's changing bits you wish you just splashed out on properly. Plenty research and you can't go wrong do it right do it once trust me haha :)

Just save up it's worth it make a good difference good parts for Japanese cars are expensive you get what you paid for the sooner you realise the better or you end up going around in circle's changing bits you wish you just splashed out on properly. Plenty research and you can't go wrong do it right do it once trust me haha :)

Well I don't mind getting the wastegate ported as long as it's not too expensive and time consuming as my glanza is my daily (risky I know lol) but i don't know who will do it near me for a start :/

Well I don't mind getting the wastegate ported as long as it's not too expensive and time consuming as my glanza is my daily (risky I know lol) but i don't know who will do it near me for a start :/

Personally I wouldn't bother porting the wastegate you can't go wrong buying a gauge and a plug n play for now expect to pay a good £70 for a decent gauge and £350 for a plug n play then do you mani actuator and decat all in one imo you got a fmic? The beauty of a plug n play is adding other parts it works with them to a certain extent whilst a piggy back ecu everytime you change a part need another map. Have a look in wiki section at the top for some helpful info..the magical 200bhp

Personally I wouldn't bother porting the wastegate you can't go wrong buying a gauge and a plug n play for now expect to pay a good £70 for a decent gauge and £350 for a plug n play then do you mani actuator and decat all in one imo you got a fmic? The beauty of a plug n play is adding other parts it works with them to a certain extent whilst a piggy back ecu everytime you change a part need another map. Have a look in wiki section at the top for some helpful info..the magical 200bhp

But other people are saying port it, would that not be a more permanent fix and probably cheaper? Can't afford a plug and play right now anyway :sad: thanks for the link i'll have a looksie now :thumbsup:

Gainzy your telling the man 420 to fit all this just for a decat... minus the cost of a decat? Lol. Your scaring the fella.

Dan ive never ever hit boost cut since i ported my wastegate and a new actuator believe it or not. Even in winter.

I meant port the turbo wastegate not the manifold lol. Thats whatll reduce creep. But as said external wastegate is better for controlling boost Hands down, also dearer. If you just want a decat with no creep, port the wastegate for free with a dremel. Job done.

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT

If you've already bought an adjustable actuator just get a boost guage and then set it up so you don't hit fuel cut.

What exhaust and air filter are you using? Do you have an fmic?

Gainzy your telling the man 420 to fit all this just for a decat... minus the cost of a decat? Lol. Your scaring the fella.

Dan ive never ever hit boost cut since i ported my wastegate and a new actuator believe it or not. Even in winter.

I meant port the turbo wastegate not the manifold lol. Thats whatll reduce creep. But as said external wastegate is better for controlling boost Hands down, also dearer. If you just want a decat with no creep, port the wastegate for free with a dremel. Job done.

Yeah I know you meant the turbo wastegate lol, I might give it a bash with a dremel but i'd probably need a full day to get the turbo off, get it done and all back together again, and that's if I think I can trust myself to not fuck it up haha

If you've already bought an adjustable actuator just get a boost guage and then set it up so you don't hit fuel cut.

What exhaust and air filter are you using? Do you have an fmic?

I would do that but couldn't boost creep still put it past whatever I set it to and eventually up to fuel cut? Sorry for being such a noob I'm learning as I go :D I've got a standard exhaust, some random cone filter that was on the car when I bought it, but that's in the standard air box location (to the right of the engine) and no I don't have a fmic yet either :/ all in good time though