Any nice big spec starlets bein built lately

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As no fool would buy my shell ive decided im going ahead with the planned build I collected parts for, a compound sc12/tdo5 5e. wish it was black though, not really into white starlets, just arnt as cool somehow.

As no fool would buy my shell ive decided im going ahead with the planned build I collected parts for, a compound sc12/tdo5 5e. wish it was black though, not really into white starlets, just arnt as cool somehow.

Prefer white over black for me

More Motorsport for me :( pity I've a black one lol

Phil

keep me informed would love to know how the sc12 keeps up with the td05 ???

keep me informed would love to know how the sc12 keeps up with the td05 ???

will do mate, might have to have this 'charger rebuilt its a right mess, but ill be using it as its both clutched and the best design for low end torque. its a bit of a back burner job too, have two more cars that need fixing first!

• 3 years later...
On 1/11/2019 at 6:33 PM, AlancEP82 said:

Back for a nosie any cool builds happening ?

We've just started another car to build for some circuit use. May do some Time Attack if it fits in the regs. The forum is a bit quite now so we'll probably just use Fb and instagram to share the progress. https://www.instagram.com/fiske_automotive/ / https://www.facebook.com/fiskeautomotive/ 

19 hours ago, RobSR said:

We've just started another car to build for some circuit use. May do some Time Attack if it fits in the regs. The forum is a bit quite now so we'll probably just use Fb and instagram to share the progress. https://www.instagram.com/fiske_automotive/ / https://www.facebook.com/fiskeautomotive/ 

Shame. by nice to see a build log with this rather then just odds and sods thru social media. Would be nice for true followers!

4 hours ago, Socks said:

Shame. by nice to see a build log with this rather then just odds and sods thru social media. Would be nice for true followers!

i can post it here too if people want to see :)

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RobSR said:

Im currently missing quite a lot of bodywork...

51861053_2229325203987649_71748353815635

Hi Rob, WoW! Looks like great chassis work in progress! You removing weight and I guess weld in cage?! Top stuff as always!! 8) This is the area I want to concentrate on after getting the power.

Cached in the background, I have noticed there are some EP veterans out there not willing to retire just yet and moving onto the next level :thumbsup: :D haha, Great stuff!

1 hour ago, RobSR said:

Looks like a nice build with the billet mains and stud conversions.

Whats the rest of the spec?

Engine wise CP pistons, solid wrist pins, Carillo rods, currently running on the old Vf29 setup 20+ psi boost pressure, until I get all the bits for the big turbo setup. Just got the engine up and running not so long ago, I'm still smiling. :D

Yeah if owners can please post here and TGTT of their cars progress, that would be much appreciated because a lot don't do those social media thingamajigs, what is it facetube and whatschat and I wanna see! Thanks.

1 minute ago, GP82 said:

Hi Rob, WoW! Looks like great chassis work in progress! You removing weight and I guess weld in cage?! Top stuff as always!! 8) This is the area I want to concentrate on after getting the power.

Cached in the background, I have noticed there are some EP veterans out there not willing to retire just yet and moving onto the next level :thumbsup: :D haha, Great stuff!

Engine wise CP pistons, solid wrist pins, Carillo rods, currently running on the old Vf29 setup 20+ psi boost pressure, until I get all the bits for the big turbo setup. Just got the engine up and running not so long ago, I'm still smiling. :D

Yeah if owners can please post here and TGTT of their cars progress, that would be much appreciated because a lot don't do those social media thingamajigs, what is it facetube and whatschat and I wanna see! Thanks.

Yup lots of weight coming out, but its mainly to do work with the suspension, so removing the wheel well gives us a lot of clearance. The other part left in the pic will be removed as well when things progress and the cage all ties in :) Fabricator is just waiting on some more T45 to turn up then we should see more progress.

Sounds like a very nice engine build. Do you build it yourself? Any plans for different turbo/ecu in the future? 

29 minutes ago, RobSR said:

Yup lots of weight coming out, but its mainly to do work with the suspension, so removing the wheel well gives us a lot of clearance. The other part left in the pic will be removed as well when things progress and the cage all ties in :) Fabricator is just waiting on some more T45 to turn up then we should see more progress.

Sounds like a very nice engine build. Do you build it yourself? Any plans for different turbo/ecu in the future? 

Ah I see, You mentioned time attack, do You have any plans regarding aero for this car as I have seen that is a big factor in these competition events.

Yeah built the motor meself, I try to do everything myself. Love motorsport. All types, enjoy all aspects of tuning. My current set-up feels like 250 ~ 260 hp @ wheels. I'm aiming for 500 ~ 600 with big turbo set-up and ecu (I've got Haltech in my mind, but we will see) and a big overhaul of the fuel system.

This build You are creating sound's really good and looking forward to seeing it progress! 

1 hour ago, GP82 said:

Ah I see, You mentioned time attack, do You have any plans regarding aero for this car as I have seen that is a big factor in these competition events.

Yeah built the motor meself, I try to do everything myself. Love motorsport. All types, enjoy all aspects of tuning. My current set-up feels like 250 ~ 260 hp @ wheels. I'm aiming for 500 ~ 600 with big turbo set-up and ecu (I've got Haltech in my mind, but we will see) and a big overhaul of the fuel system.

This build You are creating sound's really good and looking forward to seeing it progress! 

Yes plan is to do some Time Attack, that’s why we are building the car the way we are.. we need to do quite a lot to make sure we are competitive! Aero will be coming but later down the line. 

Good stuff, look forward to seeing it all come together :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 7:15 PM, glanzagee said:

Inside view 

image.png

On 2/12/2019 at 7:09 PM, glanzagee said:

Under body view of tank compartment ;)

image.png

That looks awesome! Really good work!

Regarding cylinder head, it's ported, exhaust ports have been enlarged, intake cleaned up, small changes to the combustion chambers, intake and exhaust ports matched to their manifolds, studs, mild camshafts (not yet fitted), Cruise valve springs, durex stem seals. 

I were gonna go with uprate stainless steel valves, not bigger ones thou, but for strength to fight heat generated as I've seen stock valves bend, worse case just break on high hp output race cars. The cause it's inspected to be the stem diameter is very small and taking into account material used, but this being mainly a road car I should be fine. Done all the work me-self (a lot of hours spent working on it, at-least a hour every other day to try to keep quality of work up, over a month or two)

I have got some work to do on it:

Bigger fuel lines,
Mech fuel pump install,
Water injection kit to fit
a lot of sensors to be installed

Yours a dedicated track/ competition car I'm guessing? What is Your set-up? What will Your range be like with the fuel tank and type of fuel You will be using?

Cheers :thumbsup:  Hits.