Advice needed block cracked off with stud for manifold

Glanza V
Car has been parked up for about two years , Was took out to be got running again .. Noticed sparks from the manifold and heard a ticking from the manifold .. stripped the front of the car to see what the problem was took off the manifold and found the problem . I have linked the pictures its my first time posting pictures so I hope its right , and is there any advice on how to fix this without getting a new block as I would rather not strip the engine .. Ive heard of alloy bonding chemicals but not sure about them .. Any help is greatly appreciated . Thanks :)http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/jackfelixsmith94/library/?sort=3&page=1

See this a few times over the years buddy it's not uncommon really. I wouldn't use any form of ally bonding like glues as the manifold is bolted to it and it gets hot and cold frequently and you'll find yourself forever repairing it.

there two simple options really.

One is to replace the head all together.

Or if your insistent on keeping that particular cylinder head for what ever reason take it to your local engineers and they should be able to build the head back up with weld skim the face and re tape and replace the stud.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, OttersPocket said:

Exaust, exactly as his is in the pictures. 

Thanks for info. Gutted. 

Wouldn't be gutted mate, someone should be able to weld it back on for you at a reasonable cost.

These are old cars now so things will fail from time to time

Just a little overwhelming, as I have little to no experience relivent, and lack any useful buddies :') I've sent some pictures off to a few firms hope to hear back soon for some price estimations. 

Anything in particular to uprate or check whilst my beautiful motors in bits? 

Entirely stock. 

Any input highly appreciated x

Mine broke about 2 years ago, got a fella I know to come and weld it on the car. Still holding strong.

ask around for a local welder rather than a firm probably be cheaper