Third Time Lucky? Pete's Third Starlet, Turbo time!

13 hours ago, maddox710 said:

Looking good mate. When it comes to porting 4e head I'd just concentrate on the exhaust side, the back of the valves was soo tight I couldn't even fit my thumb in before I done my old head. After I had room and smoothed out the path down the exhaust runner so it didn't make a sharp turn once it was past the exhaust valve 

I'm not trying to take material away per say, but Im smoothing the casting lines, where the valves seats are machined into the head and to make the ports match the manifolds. Will be polishing it all though, Don't think I work on the combustion camber as thats above my level maybe I do it on another car one day 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, JDM_MARK said:

Progress is top mate gonna be doing the head on mine aswell thought it cant hurt. wish mine was coming together as quick as yours tho :(

Cars been off road over a year now :'( finding it hard to put money into this as on a lowish income doesn't help too and with some debts to pay :/

• 6 months later...

Haven't got much done over the last few months, as you can probably guess the car hasn't seen the road for this year but on the I now have a safety devices roll cage and still working away on the head every now and then. Also sourced a rear bumper that has had a what is to believed to be a Carbon Culture rear lip smoothed into it. Life has been extremely busy for me. Also got a new daily, something more sensible, fast, bigger and newer, so as much as I liked the Corolla it needed to go as it was turning into more than a daily. So say hello to my Toyota Auris SR180, yes I have gone to the dark side and brought a diesel. Yes it is still being modified, do need to get them refurbed but I have a set of Rays Volk Racing C Ultras for it (Yes, I have an addiction with 3 spokes) and going with the light blue colour below. I am also changing jobs now, after being at SST Technology (Do alot of motorsports exhaust for F1, Indy car, WRC, Nascar and so) for nearly 4 years, its time for a change and a new challenge. I'll be starting at Nitron Racing Systems LTD in early August, for those who don't who they are, they make very high end coilovers and suspension for cars and bikes.  

wiMoEa4.jpg

HBTIgl2.jpg

9RcNNN4.jpg

The Auris:

clHftQ1.jpg

0oez0Pq.jpg

f4BT9KJ.jpg

4roFBUs.jpg

Edited by *Pete*
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So I still have this car, the last year or so been collecting more parts and doing the odd bit here and there when I got time. I miss driving it so much, its been too long off the road so I decided to pull my finger out and to get it done. Now this has been something I have been thinking about and wanting to try, so here it is! I'm doing a build series on Youtube!

https://youtu.be/E8ktOdXWlGc

21 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Go on there. Great stuff. 

What power did you get from the na engine. And a graph and mods if possible.

Really nice work 

I didn't do anything to this na engine. My first starlet I did, its an old build thread so pictures may have gone but the info is there. it made 86.4hp with corolla inlet, mr2 throttle body and slightly bigger injectors 

9 minutes ago, *Pete* said:

I didn't do anything to this na engine. My first starlet I did, its an old build thread so pictures may have gone but the info is there. it made 86.4hp with corolla inlet, mr2 throttle body and slightly bigger injectors 

Thanks Pete 

Do you know if any 1 run the different 4efte Inlet cam in a 4efe. The na cam is stoping gains over 90hp it looks like. 

I need a graph of the 4efte cam on a na 4efe engine. I can't find 1. 

Edited by Sam44
7 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

Thanks Pete 

Do you know if any 1 run the different 4efte Inlet cam in a 4efe. The na cam is stoping gains over 90hp it looks like. 

Did I see you were turboing urs. 

Edited by Sam44
45 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

Thanks Pete 

I don't but I believe I am right in saying 4efe and 4efte cams are the same, its only the 5efhe cams that are different. 

14 minutes ago, *Pete* said:

I don't but I believe I am right in saying 4efe and 4efte cams are the same, its only the 5efhe cams that are different. 

I've got them both here they are different more lift on 4efte. I'll post pics up tomoz. Just the inlets. 

Edited by Sam44